Palladium P17B unscrewed connection

ayla

This is the first time I write in this forum. I replaced an old Rf61 by a Palladium 17B and this has happened to me when trying to put the speaker cable: the conection is unscrewed!

Someone know how access to the crossover in an easy way?

Well shoot, I guess the good news is it appears to have just come unscrewed and is not broken off. I've never opened mine up before and hope to never have to but it would be interesting to know how to. Sorry man, hopefully someone with a little more info can come along and help you out! Good luck!

If you gently  re insert and attempt to thread in the stud, does it not engage with the hidden nut?

If not, only  then you may have to go inside.

Someone who intimately knows this particular ?proprietary? binding post needs to advise.

I would hope one of the Klipsch employees on this board should be able to help you, if not others.

Be assured , you are in the right place to get this help.

Give it a day or two, and keep your post at the top.  Lars

Even if you can get the stud screwed back in, it may come apart in future when you remove the cable.

You need to find out how to permanently fix it.

If it was strictly a mechanical joint, some type of Loctite would work.

BUT - this is a signal  carrying connection, and that is probably  not be a good solution.    Lars

If you gently  re insert and attempt to thread in the stud, does it not engage with the hidden nut?

I've tried.....I think that fits with a nut that has fallen....

The speakers are new and I'm talking to the store where I bought the speakers....

Many thanks

But now I'm using my old RB 61 after hearing the Palladium for 2 days and it's very frustrating

Why all the expensive devices are often so difficult to disassemble?

I found a picture of the internal connection (It is a floor standing model but I think it will be the same tipe of connection)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cp2z3qqcut67g4/palladium-assembly-hope-arkansas_3043299851_o.jpg?dl=0

Edited by ayla

Even if you can get the stud screwed back in, it may come apart in future when you remove the cable.

You need to find out how to permanently fix it.

If it was strictly a mechanical joint, some type of Loctite would work.

BUT - this is a signal  carrying connection, and that is probably  not be a good solution.    Lars

The first time I connected the speaker I have used banana connectors without problems ..... I will never use these speakers with bare wire