Yamaha RX-Z9 Right Main Channel Issues

I'm having trouble with my RX-Z9. I bought it used off of ebay a month and a half back and for a month it worked flawlessly. One month in it started having an issue. When watching a couple movies, at some point into the 2nd it would cut off the right main channels. Both A and B for the right side would cut out. Everything else plays fine, including all left channels and other surround channels. The Z9 is notorious for getting hot, so I figure it's something to do with that. Well now it seems it takes less and less time before it cuts those 2 channels out.

The last time I tried it before tonight, running my old set up with a pair of KG5.5's for mains, it lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Tonight however, running my newly purchased KLF-30's, it lasted a whopping 20 or 30 minutes.

Could it be a simple fuse issue, or is it going to be complicated? Could it be where it's working too hard sense I'm running no center and sending that to the mains? I figure I need to get a separate amp for the KLF-30's now anyway, so worst case I'll use preouts on the Z9 and run them that way. I understand the Z9 is old, but I figured it'd be better than a newer, weaker and "cheaper" yet more expensive model receiver, if you get what I mean. Any input is much appreciated, as I still have much to learn.

• 3 years later...