Suggestions regarding police interactions

DizRotus

Isn't it interesting that the word "Pantys" gives a certain image and feeling?

Let alone "Thong"

Everything above just reinforces if stopped by LEO to be compliant, SLOW phisically actioned, and FREEZE if asked to.

If you need to "reach" for anything, it needs to be clearly pre discussed and agreed upon.

All logical.

It is a fact that the LEO are very sensitive , logically, due to the crap they are exposed to .

They never know, so are very wary for a situation to possibly change in a heartbeat.

Ok, anyway, I think I can TOS wise comment on something......

My understanding - In the case of the LA man Alton Sterling shot and killed wrestling w Officers under the front bumper of a car, POSSIBLY trying to get a gun out of his right pocket with his right hand, that side of his body under the front of the car relatively hidden.

I understand, when the dispatcher called the Officers they were advised he had a gun.

Instead of complying to be subdued, he wrassled w them, and apperently went for his pocket underside hidden of the front bumper.

Hey, I dunno, but from an armchair quarterbacks view, the LEO should have never gotten to this point "knowing" he had a weapon.

THAT was the mistake.

But now, hes on his back, right handed apparently, gun highly possibly in right pocket hidden by bumper, and continues wrassling and APPARENTLY going for that right pocket, so the cops react to protect themselves.

Legally rightful shooting? Maybe.

Overall situation correctly handled??

NOT in my view from the Recliner anyway.

My take on it anyway.   Lars

http://www.allenbwest.com/matt-palumbo/heres-what-liberals-dont-want-you-to-know-about-louisiana-shooting-victim

Edited by Karsoncookie

• Moderators
 IMO, dtel's admonition is not directed only at those who might criticize the police.

Exactly, there are many sides of this, to me only the ones that create more violence and with no respect for the law are wrong.

As far as TOS they are simple, I'm just one person and not the final word for sure, but it's possible to discuss something civilly and stay whiten the TOS, can it be done here,  I really doubt it looking at the past.  :(

• Like 1

IMO, dtel's admonition is not directed only at those who might criticize the police.

Exactly, there are many sides of this, to me only the ones that create more violence and with no respect for the law are wrong.

As far as TOS they are simple, I'm just one person and not the final word for sure, but it's possible to discuss something civilly and stay whiten the TOS, can it be done here,  I really doubt it looking at the past.  :(

Gotta love irony. :) I started to respond to a similar line below and then saw you mistakenly wrote the word "whiten" for the word within and it reminded me that when you add color into the mix this thread will go downhill fast--I realize that is a topic for a different thread and it IS in the news and I gather that is why the topic was started today.

Ok, anyway, I think I can TOS wise comment on something......
Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1

It's the simple brake down of society . starts with broken families .non nurturing or no family value . none to low education . abuse verbal mental drug & alcohol related . just hand outs from

The government . Linden b Johnson's social experiment just thank the Democratic party !

And now they want your guns ! Look back @ history when America was cool when made in America

Meant something . jobs with benefits wow try to get that now with a high school education .

Next will be you can't have your Klipsch it's to high efficiency . only Bose so just take the o & the e out of Bose and that's what you will have . Paul wouldn't have a chance in this overly

Political correct America . someone somewhere is a snakeoil salesman they just advertised a lot better now and everywhere .

• Moderators

Bullshit

Well, PWK quotes are within the TOS.

Dave

True, I was talking about this with someone the other day, there are very few companies the size of Klipsch that are not going out of there way to be PC. Strange for a corporation to have sayings like Bullshit, Pissing off the neighbors and Don't let your friends buy crappy audio, along with others.

1. Put the window down immediately; 2. Turn on the interior light; 3. Respond respectfully to questions or commands from the officer; 4. Keep his hands at 10 & 2 on the wheel until the officer directs otherwise; and 5. Reach for the glove box, or anywhere else, ONLY AFTER directed to do so by the officer.  

And turn off the engine and place the keys on the dash in plain sight . 

• Like 1