Paul Klipsch biography book

dtr20

I got this book recently used from Amazon. It was a decent book, a little/lot over technical, but pretty good. It appears to have Valerie Klipsch's signature in blue ink on one of the front pages. Does anyone else's have this. I wasn't sure if she was signing all of them or what.

e70505c43f7e7092a18aa8b27fe8e129.jpg

Edited by dtr20

I have the book with original signatures by PWK himself and the co-authors, primarily because I was mentioned in the book.  I recall that it was unusual to have all those original signatures. 

Valerie did not sign my copy.

Sadly, it could have been a much better book.

Larry

Edited by LarryC

• Moderators

Yes I have one like that, Mrs V signed it and had a stamp made of PWK's signature which she used to stamp his name. A bunch of us got together and visited her at her home where she signed and stamped books for all of us. 

I didn't think the book did his story justice, but it's the only one out there.  This was in 07, the Harmons along with my wife and I were lucky enough to have lunch with Mrs V about a month before she passed away, she was still as sharp as ever at 100 years old, we feel very lucky to have had that chance when we did. 

post-9700-0-14100000-1468262357_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-52180000-1468263211_thumb.jp

Yes I have one like that, Mrs V signed it and had a stamp made of PWK's signature which she used to stamp his name.

Oh so she probably stamped his name on mine too when she signed her name. Either that or that's part of the book print. Interesting

He had passed when we visited Mrs V,  I have no idea if PWK signed any or not, he may have signed some ?
I understand that he signed a small number, like maybe ten.  The rest would have been stamped,  I was told that mine is one of the signed ones. 

Mike Klementovich probably would know who got the signed copies.

• Moderators

Your probably correct, but really it's pretty easy to see the stamped signatures does not look at all like it was signed, it really looks stamped, but I could be wrong.

Being it's not a great book (imo) I wonder what PWK thought of it?  I just think there was so much more that could have gone into the book, and more personal stories to give you a better idea of the man himself. 

I have told Roy and Jim either or both of them should write a book, considering they worked alongside him for so long and knew him personally. I would think that is something not easily done and could be very time consuming, so I could see why someone would be hesitant