Demo of the Golden Jubilees at Panacea Engineering and Visit to Triple Tree Aerodrome (LOTS OF PICS)

Youthman

• Moderators
I take it there were no professional series at the shop besides the jubs?

I sent an email to W.C. with a link to this thread in case I had any info that was incorrect.  Of course with my "amazing memory", I did have a few things incorrect regarding the wooden horns, the crossover, opening date and the price of the P51 flight.  I have made the corrections above.

Shu, W.C. said he has two more storage rooms in Charlotte full of the commercial stuff that will be displayed on the second floor. 

I can see why he will have the largest selection of Cinema and Heritage Series speakers to demo once it's finished.

• Moderators
Although I find it funny that a lot of his "klipsch" stuff is modded.

Seems like the only thing he has modded are the Jubes.  From my understanding, there are a ton of ways to modify them and most do so this seems normal to me.  Maybe I'm missing something.  The Khorns, Cornwalls, LaScala II's, Belle and Heresy's were not modded.

I've never heard the Martinelli horns.  I've heard they sound great...

That said, I think it's a bit...  (don't know the right word, I want to say "unfortunate" but that isn't right)

Anyways, I think it's a bit unfortunate that a Klipsch dealer is showing the Jubilee with the Martinelli horn.  Not so much because it sounds good/bad/other.....but as I understand it, he's passed away and those are no longer available.

So now you are showing a speaker who's sound is essentially unobtainable (Jubilee bass bin + that Martinelli horn)

If it's the Cat's Meow of sound.....and no longer available then to be blunt, what good is it?

I would much rather stick something that CAN be had on top, make it look nice and then take the unobtanium horn to the house and hog it for my own ears.

Why have a customer hear them....like them.....decide to buy them to have your only option be to say to them "We.. Mr. Jones, I'm sorry but they are not available like that anymore.....you get to buy a top that you've never heard or the other one in the back room who's sound you put second to this one...."

Note:  All the above is predicated on my understanding that Mr. Martinelli has passed and his horns are no longer available.  If someone else has picked up production and they can be had, then I'd change my comments.

Basically, you gotta show what you are selling.

They do however, look very nice.

• Like 1

I've never heard the Martinelli horns. I've heard they sound great...

That said, I think it's a bit... (don't know the right word, I want to say "unfortunate" but that isn't right)

Anyways, I think it's a bit unfortunate that a Klipsch dealer is showing the Jubilee with the Martinelli horn. Not so much because it sounds good/bad/other.....but as I understand it, he's passed away and those are no longer available.

So now you are showing a speaker who's sound is essentially unobtainable (Jubilee bass bin + that Martinelli horn)

If it's the Cat's Meow of sound.....and no longer available then to be blunt, what good is it?

I would much rather stick something that CAN be had on top, make it look nice and then take the unobtanium horn to the house and hog it for my own ears.

Why have a customer hear them....like them.....decide to buy them to have your only option be to say to them "We.. Mr. Jones, I'm sorry but they are not available like that anymore.....you get to buy a top that you've never heard or the other one in the back room who's sound you put second to this one...."

Note: All the above is predicated on my understanding that Mr. Martinelli has passed and his horns are no longer available. If someone else has picked up production and they can be had, then I'd change my comments.

Basically, you gotta show what you are selling.

They do however, look very nice.

thats kind of what I was getting at.

Isnt pancea gonna be one of the ONLY cinema dealers with a showroom? Just thought it was weird to have cinema stuff that is modded. But I'm sure he will have lots of pro stuff that is stock once he has his grand opening.

W.C. has some serious style. I would love to hear what he has setup. The listening rooms are great and dedicated to klipsch and pro cinema. WOW!!!! I wish Martinelli still made horns as they were beautiful and his prices were very fair. I'm glad to see the Golden Jubilees in such good hands. I think two pairs were all that were made.

I exchanged several emails with Klementovich over a period of time regarding the golden jubilees that were odd at best. He claimed to have the secret sauce and other strange claims. Not sure if Roy and PWK had the xover point so high around 800hz or if they did for how long. Perhaps Roy will chime in as I am curious..