Demo of the Golden Jubilees at Panacea Engineering and Visit to Triple Tree Aerodrome (LOTS OF PICS)

Youthman

• Moderators

During the trip to Alabama to pick up my custom cabinet for my home theater, me, my father, Shaun and his wife took a side trip to Woodruff, South Carolina to visit W.C. at Panacea Engineering.  W.C. has been working over the past 3 years on building the largest showrooms of Klipsch Heritage and Cinema Series.  None of us had ever heard any speakers from the Cinema Series and I am the only one from the group that had ever heard Khorns.  Although I knew it was still under construction, we all were excited about the opportunity to hear and see firsthand some Klipsch speakers that we were not familiar with.

Upon our arrival, W.C. invited us into his showrooms.  W.C. was super friendly and inviting and after giving us a tour of the facility, he showed us the Golden Jubilees.  These were absolutely gorgeous!  They had just been hooked up the day prior to our arrival so they had not been calibrated or tweaked.  Shaun's wife loves music the most out of us four so we let her sit in the sweet spot.  She's an awesome DJ and selected a ton of music from W.C.'s CD Collection and one after another, she demoed song after song.  After at least an hour listening to the Golden Jubilees, she kept saying "Just one more song" yet continued to play several more songs.  :D  We listened to a wide variety of genres and the Jubilees handled each of them with grace and elegance.  Vocals were realistic and smooth.  Bass was tight and tactile.  Needless to say, they sounded fantastic!  With no subwoofer, the Jubilees provided very nice amount of bass that was super clean. 

I wish I could remember the horn he used but W.C. said he prefers that wooden horn over the normal one that typically is used with the Jubilee. 

The wooden horns were made by Bill Martinelli and will be on another set of Jubilee base bins that are still in Charlotte.  The crossovers were a PWK design.

Not only were these speakers beautiful and artistic in design, they provided HUGE sound.  Truly an incredible experience to hear them.

W.C. said he has two more storage rooms in Charlotte full of the commercial stuff. They will be displayed on the second floor.

He is shooting for a September opening.

klipsch-golden-jubilee-1.jpg

klipsch-golden-jubilee-2.jpg

klipsch-golden-jubilee-3.jpg

klipsch-golden-jubilee-4.jpg

After demoing the Golden Jubilee's, I took photos and them and the other Klipsch speakers he had setup.

Unfortunately, none of the other speakers were connected but since I love photography, I was just as thrilled taking photos of them as I would be listening to them.

In another showroom, on one wall, he has a pair of Khorns and LaScalas II that will be powered by McIntosh gear and on the other wall, he has another pair of Khorns, Cornwalls, and Walnut Heresy's.

On top of the Khorns were Eliptrac 400 horns and a pair of wooden horns.  Not sure how these will be incorporated.

klipsch-lasalas-and-klipschorn-1.jpg

klipsch-lasalas-and-klipschorn-2.jpg

klipsch-lasalas-and-klipschorn-3.jpg

klipsch-lasalas-and-klipschorn-4.jpg

klipsch-lasalas-and-klipschorn-5.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

In another showroom, there was another set of Klipschorns as well as another pair of Jubilees along with a clone Jubilee bass bin that contained added a passive speaker that lowered the bottom end just a tad.  According to this thread, it looks like ClaudeJ1 had some input on this Jubilee Clone build.

klipschorn-and-jubilee-1.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-2.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-3.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-4.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-5.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-6.jpg

klipschorn-and-jubilee-7.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

During our visit, W.C. took us to the Triple Tree Aerodrome which he is heavily involved in.  I really had no idea what to expect.  He gave us a tour of the facility including the training room for RC Planes.  The room was setup with several computers with monitors and RC Controllers for virtual simulation training.

triple-tree-aerodrome-34.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-1.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-2.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-3.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-4.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-5.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-6.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-7.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-8.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-9.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Then he took us to the actual hanger.  WOW!  I'm not into planes but these were absolutely incredible!  As we arrived, they were wheeling out a huge glider to prepare to take a few groups up for training.

triple-tree-aerodrome-16.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-17.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-18.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-19.jpg

They even had a sweet P1 Mustang Trainer Plane from WWII.  The plane has been modified to a 2-seater for trainer and pilot in training.  With the proper credentials, you could fly it for 30 minutes for $1400. 

triple-tree-aerodrome-20.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-21.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-22.jpg

triple-tree-aerodrome-23.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators

We had an absolute blast hanging out with W.C. and are extremely grateful for his hospitality, allowing us to let us demo the Golden Jubilees in his showrooms as well as give us a tour of the amazing Triple Tree Aerodrome.  I believe he said he is shooting for opening the showrooms in October of this year.  I would love to make another visit once everything is finished and setup.

• Moderators

Thanks Shu. The only cinema at the showrooms so fare were the Jubs.

While we were at the Tripple Tree Aerodrome, he showed us a MASSIVE Cinema set that he had just picked up that was wrapped in plastic.

I believe there were 6 or so stacks of speakers that had three speakers in each stack and were about 7-8' tall. They were definitely concert type speakers