Palladium center vs La scala center..

AaronB123

Hello everyone, I am currently running 2 La Scala's as mains and a RC-64ii as a center as my front stage in my theater. The plan has been to replace the RC-64ii with a third La Scala when I am able to find one local and by a seller that is either just selling a single or willing to separate a pair. 

Recently I have seen though that the P-27c has drastically dropped in price to the point where if I saved up a bit I might be able to afford it. Question is, would I be better off getting that or a third La Scala? 

Oh, and while I have everyone's attention, is there anyone here that has experience with the P-27c and the RC-64ii that might be able to tell me if there's a big difference in sound quality between the two? 

Never heard the 64ii but owned the 64. Big difference between it and the 27c? Well difference for sure. Huge? Probably not. If both were the same price then I'd say yeah big difference.

But to your first question, third la scala will be best. Youthman will tell you that a la scala will trump a 64 every day of the week. Lots of guys on here enjoy the 64 but it's because they either A) haven't heard a better center or B) can't fit something to match their mains.

There is a member on here who switched from la scala 2's to Palladiums and he prefers the palladiums. If you were to go with the palladium center I would look into 17's or 37s for mains.

My two center. Or seven. Lol

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Aaron. Scrappy is right...it was the single LaScala as center that totally confirmed that was the direction I wanted to go. There was just no comparison. LaScalas trumped the 83's and single LaScala em was a huge upgrade to the RC64.

I've owned both RC64 and still own the RC64ii. I couldn't tell a difference in sound between the two

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I am currently running 2 La Scala's as mains and a RC-64ii as a center as my front stage in my theater. The plan has been to replace the RC-64ii with a third La Scala when I am able to find one local and by a seller that is either just selling a single or willing to separate a pair. 

Recently I have seen though that the P-27c has drastically dropped in price to the point where if I saved up a bit I might be able to afford it. Question is, would I be better off getting that or a third La Scala? 

Oh, and while I have everyone's attention, is there anyone here that has experience with the P-27c and the RC-64ii that might be able to tell me if there's a big difference in sound quality between the two? 

La Scala - case closed....Next!!!!! :);)

If your mains are Palladiums, then a Palladium center would be best.  If your mains are La Scalas, a La Scala center is best.

Belles are very similar to La Scalas, but not exactly identical.  A Belle would be the next best thing if you couldn't find another La Scala.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of using a Bella as a center? Doesn't a Bella have pretty much the same drivers as a La Scala? 

Try a Belle, Bellas are beautiful but not the same as a Belle

:D :D :D

Mark

LoL I didnt even realize I did that! 

Well everyone will be happy to know I found a pair today so now I've got a La Scala as a center and I'll probably be posting the other up for sale in the garage sale tomorrow. 

• Like 2

What do you guys think of using a Bella as a center? Doesn't a Bella have pretty much the same drivers as a La Scala? 

Mark

Well everyone will be happy to know I found a pair today so now I've got a La Scala as a center and I'll probably be posting the other up for sale in the garage sale tomorrow. 

Cool. Where do you live?

Mark

Cool. Where do you live?

Connecticut area.

Mark

Cool. Where do you live?
but more importantly how does the la scala sound vs the 64ii????
  • Like 1

I've had a change of heart Scrappy..

If your new center sounds better than your friend's center, please don't let me know. I am loving the Palladiums and I would rather take the "blue pill" and just wake up in my bed thinking my center is the best out there.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I've had a change of heart Scrappy.. If your new center sounds better than your friend's center, please don't let me know. I am loving the Palladiums and I would rather take the "blue pill" and just wake up in my bed thinking my center is the best out there.

That's awesome.

I've had a change of heart Scrappy..

If your new center sounds better than your friend's center, please don't let me know. I am loving the Palladiums and I would rather take the "blue pill" and just wake up in my bed thinking my center is the best out there.

you got it buddy. The palladium center is great. And if I hadn't ventured into diy I'd probably pick up another 5.0 set while they are on clearance and let them hang out. Cause if I move and can't have my cinema gear they would be my next choice. But if I can build a speaker that sounds and looks great for 10-15% of the cost I'm gonna do just that. I don't mind keeping my opinion to myself. I can have people pm me if they wanna know the truth. No blue pill necessary lol
  • Like 1