Palladium center vs La scala center..

AaronB123

What do you guys think of using a Bella as a center? Doesn't a Bella have pretty much the same drivers as a La Scala?

Try a Belle, Bellas are beautiful but not the same as a Belle

:D :D :D

Mark

LoL I didnt even realize I did that!

Well everyone will be happy to know I found a pair today so now I've got a La Scala as a center and I'll probably be posting the other up for sale in the garage sale tomorrow.

Cool. Where do you live?
but more importantly how does the la scala sound vs the 64ii????

Congrats! Looking forward to your thoughts after you get them set up

It blends MUCH better, honestly it sounds like your in an actual theater. Pretty much just what I expected. While the RC-64ii was an amazing center and easily the best one I ever had until this point you can't match that full rich deep immersive sound you will get out of a La Scala! I also have to say it seems like the dynamic range on the La Scala is much better. What I mean by that is especially in movies if someone raises their voice or yells it's astonishing how loud it gets! 

Hey Youthman I urge you to get the Revnant on Bluray and watch the Scene where the bear attacks Leonardo Di Caprio honestly when the bear roars it sounds like it's in your living room, gives you chills down your spine! 

The only downside to speak of is the fact that the TV is sitting on top of the La Scala and it is much higher than it was before but in all honesty it doesn't seem to affect the viewing angle. I think that's only affected when you go off to one side. It'll just take some getting used to but that's something I obviously knew I would have to do going into this. 

• Moderators
While the RC-64ii was an amazing center and easily the best one I ever had until this point you can't match that full rich deep immersive sound you will get out of a La Scala!

Exactly my experience too.

Hey Youthman I urge you to get the Revnant on Bluray and watch the Scene where the bear attacks Leonardo Di Caprio honestly when the bear roars it sounds like it's in your living room, gives you chills down your spine!

I just watched the trailer.  Looks like it would be a cool movie.  I'll watch a few on Ebay see if I can pick up one on the cheap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think of using a Bella as a center? Doesn't a Bella have pretty much the same drivers as a La Scala? 

Mark

Well everyone will be happy to know I found a pair today so now I've got a La Scala as a center and I'll probably be posting the other up for sale in the garage sale tomorrow. 

Everything good except I hate to see a pair split up :(

• Like 1

Mark

Everything good except I hate to see a pair split up :(

Well then you'll be happy to know I still have the other one. I know what you mean. Though I am not even using the other one I may not even sell it as a single. You never know when I may need a spare part, plus I remember when I was originally looking for La Scala's I wanted them so badly and had to wait months to find my first pair. Now I have 4 and perhaps I should just keep them all.  

• Like 1

Do you have room to make the LS a center rear?

6.2 sounds awesome in long rooms...  

Definitely not my couch is right against the back wall. I tried switching my theater room around the long way but with that setup the mains are very close together and it sounded absolutely horrible. 

Do you have room to make the LS a center rear?

6.2 sounds awesome in long rooms...  

Definitely not my couch is right against the back wall. I tried switching my theater room around the long way but with that setup the mains are very close together and it sounded absolutely horrible. 

You could set up a mono system in another room with the extra speaker with a stereo to mono converter and a class D amp like these:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MONACOR-SMC-1-/50-9042

(It looks like its out of stock actually)

https://www.amazon.com/Lepy-LP-2024A-Amplifier-Stereo-Supply/dp/B00ULRFQ1A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469809183&sr=8-2&keywords=lepai+2020a%2B

Although your SO might not appreciate it if a giant LaScala suddenly showed up in a random room in the house... :ph34r: