Favorite Test Tracks for WAF / Spousal Acceptance

No doubt audiophile test tracks have their place, but let's face it: it's equally important to have some tracks handy for facilitating spousal / partner acceptance.

So - what are your go-to tracks for justifying your latest audio purchase(s) to your spouse or partner? Whose favorite track is it - yours or theirs? Do you ever use a track so often they know before you tell them you just bought something? : }

My opinion - You're not going to gain many points playing her some technically dynamic super well recorded tracks.

Rather, play a few songs SHE loves, and as long as they are quality recordings,

That will swoon her the most.

Music can't really be chosen for others.

We ALL have different things that evoke different feelings.

You might want, I dunno, some Jazz, 

She might puke on that, and love some Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli.

Or maybe Mettallica or AC DC.

Linda Ronstadt ft Arron Neville "I need you" pretty safe.

Of course, you can always make a run to the Drugstore, then put on some Barry White.

Lars

Edited by Karsoncookie
  • Like 1

Jack Johnson

Jack Johnson is always a good play. Depending on her style, MGMT is a good rock out option or some chill deep house with good vocals. Lindsey Stirling is pretty epic at high SPL on Klispch speakers with her violin screaming above the deep dubsteb beats. The biggest win is to see what song she sings along to the most and play that one or just hand her the spotify controls.

Wouldn't it be more authentic if female members answered the question, since it looks like all the answers here...probably aren't from females :rolleyes:

;)

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

...justifying your latest audio purchase(s) to your spouse or partner?

This concept is completely foreign in our relationship.

In fact, she just finished a cupboard in our bedroom to make place for an amp and BD player.

I was throwing around words like "horn subwoofer" and "corner speakers" in regards to the bedroom without any disagreement from her what-so-ever. She even offered up a few suggestions.

As far as some of her favorites? Hall & Oates, Wham!, DJ Baby Anne, Black Mill

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 1

My wife does not really care what I purchase in music or gear for the most part.  She can always get into Michael Jackson, Barry White, Hall and Oats, Phil Collins and some others.  She is stuck back in the late  70's and 80's.  I also uploaded a few gigs to her computer to play on her Bose SoundDock.

Karsoncookie, have you heard some of the Barry White lyrics?  Someone is trying to get .........well, I will leave it at that, lol.

• Like 1

without a doubt, Frank Zappa's Inca Roads.

Oh wait, it's wife acceptance factor, not wife annoyance factor.

The artists I gravitate to for her pleasure are Ray Charles, Taj Mahal, Jason Isbell, or the phenomenal John Lee Hooker's It Serve You Right to Suffer.