Need Help to recap my Heresy.

If you have no experience have it done by somebody who does.

You could use solderless wire terminals using a good crimping tool but its not the best way to do it.

Watch some you tube videos and practice on some wire first and try doing it yourself but you may end up melting something.

I just drill 2 holes and tie strap the new caps where the old ones were using a dab of caulk or RTV to keep them in place.

If you have never soldered before I would try making your own RCA cables first as the penalty for failure is cheaper (Make sure you have a multimeter to test them!) and the type of soldering is similar. Here is a guide and a good way to see if you are ready to do your own caps:

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Power/DIY-Shielded-RCA-Interconnect-Cables/

Also, you will never buy RCA cables again, making them becomes very addictive.

Practice is good and this is a very easy solder job. Crites kit comes with brackets and zip ties so it's a pretty easy job. There is no polarity to worry about just warm up the old connections and pluck them off then resolder to the new caps. The new ones look nothing like the old oil filled caps you have so don't be alarmed at the difference.

You can do it!!

Not as hard as you thought huh ? Good job looks clean and awesome. I have found a lot of repairs are not as hard as we make them out to be.

I remember a repair man came out to work on fridg. one day was there 15 minutes. Charged my dad what he made a week and then and there I said I would avoid repair men as much as possible.