Just bought my first pair of Forte II's...

Good evening Klipsch community! First time poster here. Pretty new to the speaker world. Picked up a pair of matching Forte II's from original owner last night. These are in great shape minus one tweeter not working. I paid $200. So I swapped the tweeter and still nothing in the other speaker. Put the good tweeter in the speaker with the bad tweeter and it's working. So, new tweeter? Unfortunately I'm pretty new to the speaker game and have no idea how these are supposed to sound...was told by another forum that this was the place to come to for some help. People have also mentioned upgrades/mods for these speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg
  • Like 2

Well, the first thing you should do is to go and buy a few lottery tickets.......Luck is with you at the moment!!  $200 for those is close to criminal.....

Oh, and, welcome!  A nice introduction!

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

Sounds like a bad tweeter.  Check Bob Crites' site for a titanium diaphragm replacement.  Might as well do both so they match.  www.critesspeakers.com  No affiliation - just a great guy who's happy to help the community.

Yes,

It sounds like a bad tweeter diaphragm...yes you can get some titanium replacements from Bob Crites...which are very good. There are also other aftermarket sources like Simply Speakers and The Speaker exchange. I am biased though ....when I change tweeter diaiphragms I do use Bob's. They are surprisingly easy to change.

Almost as easy as changing a light bulb. Bobs sight is very help full. I think there may be complete instructions as to how to go about changing them.

Please feel free to ask any of us anything you need to know.

By the way ....Welcome to the community

G.E.M.

Welcome to the forum...

WoW $200 for Forte' II's ......... NICE score for sure :emotion-21::emotion-21:

Yup........ Bob Crites would be the man.....

What amp you using for power?

MKP :-)

I bought a Yamaha R-S300 a couple weeks ago...can't afford a tube amp yet. Ha. Edited by NowBlasting
  • Like 1

Bob Crites replacement mid range is phenolic and not titanium.  You can order K53TI, titanium diaphragms for the mid range through Klipsch directly,  Sernd me a PM if you want additional information.  A titanium diaphragm in the squawker horn does require a crossover mod.

You have one of the best balanced speakers Klipsch ever made.

Enjoy, and best regards.

John

Sounds like a bad tweeter.  Check Bob Crites' site for a titanium diaphragm replacement.  Might as well do both so they match.  www.critesspeakers.com  No affiliation - just a great guy who's happy to help the community.

I agree...