McIntosh

A1UC

Anyone here using a MA7900 or MA8000

I have owned a few different combinations now over the years and none of them ever ever kept me listening for hours . My MA7900 sounds the best to me so far .

I have a KWA-150SE coming from Modwright should see it next week and I will compare it to the MA7900

One cannot go bad with McIntosh gear and the resale value is very good

Edited by A1UC

I own a MC 2505-2 of my own. I use a MX 114 with it. So fine, you won't need another. Great value for the money in nice condition. Recommended highly. Would recommend a nice refurbished example from Tom Manley at www.mcintoshaudio.com or from Audio Classics. Tom is a friend of mine, and so is his superb technician, the great Terry DeWick.

• Like 2

I own a MC 2505-2 of my own. I use a MX 114 with it. So fine, you won't need another. Great value for the money in nice condition. Recommended highly. Would recommend a nice refurbished example from Tom Manley at www.mcintoshaudio.com or from Audio Classics. Tom is a friend of mine, and so is his superb technician, the great Terry DeWick.

I second this recommendation for refurbished units from these guys, both very nice to work/talk to.

Waiting for Terry to call me myself on a repair.  I see he is out on vacation, Tom has explained to me how things get around his house.  I don't blame him for the long vacation, I would too.

• Like 1

Got a 7900 as a gift at Christmas and have been very pleased. It's obvious overkill for the Belles but enjoy the equalizer, run it about 50/50 vs the set up. The DAC is nice even though I had a separate. I was looking in various places at a 2100 or 2505 based on suggestions here and elsewhere but had seen and probably drooled too much with my wife nearby over the 7900. She bought it and I briefly thought about bringing it back but I just had to open it up. Once I hooked it up it was downhill from there. Still trying to make it though my entire library again.

• Like 1

I'm curious about the KWA150 SE I have on the way , if it don't best my 7900 I'm just going to stick with Mcintosh and collect some other Mcintosh pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1