AL xovers

mr.pee1

Before I sunk a bunch of money into recapping them, you might want to decide if you want to keep the crossovers at all. The AA and the AL-3 are better networks according to about everybody. AA's come up for sall from time to time and there is even a how to build thread on making your own:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164791-building-the-type-aa/

Personally, I used to like AL-3's more, but I am tending to like the sounds coming from my AA's a bit more as of late.

• Like 1

Mustang Guy started a thread on updating the AL crossover, or converting into another well liked model. 

It's very detailed and looks like just what you need.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/165124-turning-an-al-into-an-aa-or-an-al-3-or/?p=2040064

I started that thread because of this thread. I felt bad about sticking my big foot in my mouth. I didn't know you had sent your old AL's to mrpee. So that thread was guilt driven.  :)

Mustang guy, wvu80  sent me the al,s so I could get these going with minimal cost( I thank him greatly)  building new covers or modding these will be in the future, but I can listen to what I have now.I am following your there'd with great interest, I hope you don't feel guilty on my part. This is a learning experience for me, I has joined this forum back in 2003 but hadn't posted much , I have lived with the kg 5.5s since 1996 and always wanted the La scales, so when I hound them on c list for 275 dollars I grabbed them along with the k77 's and the k 55's. So I didn't know there wee so many mods people can do, but its all good.