Zebrawood Jubilee in the Garage

mikebse2a3

Well the journey begins again :D

These are some early pictures of my new dedicated Jub room (ie: former garage).

It will take a while to test and optimize and complete the room but it has finally begun...!!!

It appears the Zebra Chair will be my main listening chair after trying the Copper Leather chair first.

Experimenting with the Jub position optimization and how best to implement and optimize the acoustical treatment in this room are still to be determined.

miketn

post-12368-0-18620000-1468539297_thumb.j

post-12368-0-35860000-1468539472_thumb.j

post-12368-0-04060000-1468539505_thumb.j

post-12368-0-86740000-1468540675_thumb.j

• Like 9

Awesome setup! The 401 horns just look so surreal to me. I like the aluminum (?) trim as well. It looks like you are doing the proper room treatments which is very good to see with plenty of diffusion. Are those DIY quadratic diffusers?

Mike, It looks great! Did you make the QRDs or buy them ready made?

I have built QRDs before but these are RPG Skyline (Primitive Root Diffusor) and have the advantage of suppressing the specular reflection which offers a very important advantage in typical size domestic listening rooms.

http://www.rpgeurope.com/products/product/skyline.html

Edited by mikebse2a3

Awesome setup! The 401 horns just look so surreal to me. I like the aluminum (?) trim as well. It looks like you are doing the proper room treatments which is very good to see with plenty of diffusion. Are those DIY quadratic diffusers?

Thanks twk123

Yes polished aluminum trim.

I try to minimize the use of absorption whenever possible for the best sound reproduction.

RPG Skyline diffusers.... see link in my reply to Marvel

miketn

post-12368-0-10780000-1468550851_thumb.j

post-12368-0-27340000-1468550923_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3

Mike, It looks great! Did you make the QRDs or buy them ready made?

I have built QRDs before but these are RPG Skyline (Primitive Root Diffusor) and have the advantage of suppressing the specular reflection.

http://www.rpgeurope.com/products/product/skyline.html

I wasn't looking close enough... thanks. The room looks nice and clean.

Your photo skills are pretty darn good too.....

Very cool and classy setup.  Gotta ask, what's the "best" piece of music you've heard there (everything being equal...) so far?

I forgot to ask, does the Craftsman tool box absorb or disperse a particular frequency within your room scheme?   :)

Edited by jimjimbo

Your photo skills are pretty darn good too.....

Very cool and classy setup.  Gotta ask, what's the "best" piece of music you've heard there (everything being equal...) so far?

I forgot to ask, does the Craftsman tool box absorb or disperse a particular frequency within your room scheme?   :)

Thanks jimjimbo

Well I haven't had a chance to listen a lot yet but BB King & Eric Clapton "Riding With The King" and Buddy Guy "Blues Singer" are sounding pretty good.. ;)

Hey my trucks might be out of the Garage but the Tools are staying... :D