Zebrawood Jubilee in the Garage

mikebse2a3

I have an idea for this. I think you should leave the garage doors operational and have at least space for one car you can back in there between the speakers. Then whenever you have to leave for work in the morning or go anywhere you simply blast "Flight of the Valkyres" at 110 db as your garage door opens and you drive off. I cant think of a more epic way to start your day.

Well that would cover my leaving but what should I play when I arrive back home....? :D

I had to think about this one. It might be a bit cliche but I would trigger "Ode to Joy" to play as you first enter the neighborhood and have the first crescendo at 2:40 hit right as you glide into the driveway. For extra effect you should rent a tux and pay a neighbor teen twenty bucks to stand in your driveway and hand you your mail and a glass of craft beer or good scotch as you get out of your car.  :sleep: 

Honestly, if you live near Youthman you should do this and have him film it with his drone and it would be the most epic Klipsch ad anyone has ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to think about this one. It might be a bit cliche but I would trigger "Ode to Joy" to play as you first enter the neighborhood and have the first crescendo at 2:40 hit right as you glide into the driveway. 

I could see this after a hard day at work..... ;)

For extra effect you should rent a tux and pay a neighbor teen twenty bucks to stand in your driveway and hand you your mail and a glass of craft beer or good scotch as you get out of your car.

You got me mixed up with Thebes....I ain't that classy..... :lol:

miketn

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well it's taken over a year but another project has finally been completed and new fun has begun for me ...!!!!

Thanks to @Chief bonehead.... :smile:  this is a prototype 1502 HLS Sub that I have finished the raw birch cabinet with clear Shellac. Hope you like what I've done with it Roy...:smile:

The KPT-1802 and 1502 prototype subs reproduction have been very impressive every time I have heard them at the last several pilgrimages and I'm so excited to say this sub has a seamless blend with my Jubs in this room and I also have new freedom in how I can place the Jubs in this room.217151973_KPT-1502-HLSprototype1pict-1rs.thumb.jpg.b1344ddeca5874625638254beca35fd1.jpg679091964_KPT-1502-HLSprototype1pict-3rs.thumb.jpg.1dff16d5cc1b8535326ef1ada1515957.jpg1910330551_KPT-1502-HLSprototype1pict-6rs.thumb.jpg.2feb6f482c8320a1c93f020620cabe26.jpg

miketn

• Like 3

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Beautiful looking and sounding I'm sure. I sure wish the factory would have taken the same care picking out the panels for my raw Jubes as they seemed to for your and dtels 1502s.

Thanks.... but I doubt there was any special picking since it is a prototype but I have to say I felt the panels were so nice looking I just had to do a clear finish. The pictures really don't do it justice once you see the cabinet in different lighting conditions interacting with the colors of the panels.

I bet I put over a hundred hours into it by the time I crawled all into the cabinet and scraped all the excess glue from all the joints I could reach and shellac because I wanted it to look as nice as possible figuring my really curious friends would just have to stick their head into the horns mouth when I play it for them... :laugh:

miketn

380965221_KPT-1502-HLSprototype1pict-13rs.thumb.jpg.96e4fc724f836be9ce3ceb04aa3f33f5.jpgZebra Chair for listening...:smile:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Nice room, Mike! Did you make the QRD panels?

Bruce

Thanks Bruce...….  no these are actual rpg PRD type Skyline Diffusors which offer specular suppression of the reflections (think mirror type reflections) unlike the QRD type diffusor.

I have made QRD panels in the past and am considering doing so for this current room as well.

miketn

13 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Thanks Bruce...….  no these are actual rpg PRD type Skyline Diffusors which offer specular suppression of the reflections (think mirror type reflections) unlike the QRD type diffusor.

I have made QRD panels in the past and am considering doing so for this current room as well.

miketn

Cool! I have a small MS Windows program for designing QRDs... I can find the link or send it if you would like.

Bruce