Zebrawood Jubilee in the Garage

mikebse2a3

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

Cool! I have a small MS Windows program for designing QRDs... I can find the link or send it if you would like.

Bruce

Does it do 2 dimensional or just 1 dimension diffusors..?  If 2 dimensional I would like to see a link.

If I decide I want to go this route I will probably just build more like these I've done in the past.

post-14473-13819354696696.jpg.b4434f2d82dd0e25706ea227b0bcfa7b.jpg

• Moderators

Just found this again, your room is looking great, and you did a very nice job on the sub., It looks simple but there are many places that's not so easy to get to, easy to see but hard to reach. 

I like the connection plate you made, fancy, I cheated. It came with the wire sticking out a tiny hole in the back and I left it that way, cut a piece of wood and filled the hole where it should have been.

You really did a great job finishing it, it looks good in clear.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just found this again, your room is looking great, and you did a very nice job on the sub., It looks simple but there are many places that's not so easy to get to, easy to see but hard to reach. 

I like the connection plate you made, fancy, I cheated. It came with the wire sticking out a tiny hole in the back and I let it that way, cut a piece of wood and filled the hole where it should have been.

You really did a great job finishing it, it looks good in clear.

Thanks dtel…. I swear it reminded me of working on the floor board under the dash of a car for hours scraping, sanding, and finishing with half my body in the mouth of the Horn. :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Moderators

It looks mostly open but i don't bend so well and not small enough to really fit, I got as far in as I could with the stain and sprayed the clear poly. I knew if i tried it with a brush there would have been drips everywhere. The good thing about Shellac it dries really fast which might help with the way I paint with a brush to slow down runs ?

I would imagine looking at your room and chair you don't need very much gain at all for the sub, it must think it's retired it's life is so easy now. :D

3 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Does it do 2 dimensional or just 1 dimension diffusors..?  If 2 dimensional I would like to see a link. 

Didn't have time to get on the pc tonight. I'll get to it soon, though. There's also arqen.com for really nice diy diffusers.

Bruce

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, dtel said:

I would imagine looking at your room and chair you don't need very much gain at all for the sub, it must think it's retired it's life is so easy now

I ran an in room frequency sweep and the clarity and effortlessness is very impressive...!!!

5 hours ago, MisterVego said:

Wow Mike, looks amazing!!!

Out of curiosity, does your pre-amp have a dedicated Sub output or are you some how summing L+R channels into Mono?

Erik

Thanks Erik

I'm using the EV DC-One for summing of L+R mono and crossover functions for the sub.

• 2 weeks later...