Rediscovering Nirvana

fuzzydog

Growing up i wasnt a big fan. Mainly do to all the hype. However after high school in the early 2000s, i found myself enjoying their unplugged album.

After watching soaked in bleach and hear Kurt speak of wanting to be more of a folk singer. I wish he would have lived on to do so. As i really enjoy the folky like songs off of the unplug album.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I started my Nirvana exploration on a DVD of their MTV unplugged performance. The DVD mix is much superior to the CD. I've compared them back to back.

It took me a while to reaclimate to the grunge rock of Nevermind, but now I can't get enough.

Some folks say that the lyrics are nonsense, but they speak to me.

I started my Nirvana exploration on a DVD of their MTV unplugged performance. The DVD mix is much superior to the CD. I've compared them back to back.

It took me a while to reaclimate to the grunge rock of Nevermind, but now I can't get enough.

The majic of music ! Music is for the listener and what the individual gets from it . if you don't

Get anything from it than don't listen. And if you do, get a pair of LA Scala's and pump 30 clean watts into them . now you don't have too listen, to some folks .

Edited by dirtmudd
  • Like 3

The majic of music ! Music is for the listener and what the individual gets from it . if you don't

Get anything from it than don't listen. And if you do, get a pair of LA Scala's and pump 30 clean watts into them . now you don't have too listen, to some folks .

I bet 30 watts into a pair of La Scalas would have the whole neighborhood rocking.

I bet 30 watts into a pair of La Scalas would have the whole neighborhood rocking.
Right now I' m listening to Rush hemisphere's with about 4 watts and it ridiculous. I use pump them when I had 100 watt amp . my neighbor heard them from 6 houses away. But across the street from me.

And that was @ halfway!

Edited by dirtmudd
  • Like 1

I was never a big fan of the Seattle sound.  Although Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, STP had some great tunes.  I especially like the Alice in Chains unplugged CD/DVD.  On second thought, maybe I do like the Seattle sound.

• Like 2

Just 12 will bring the red & blue lights :P

Being on the mighty Fox River (more like a creek) last year I was playing around with the Belles and CWs outside. I pointed them to the river and let the music play, Boats started pulling up and anchoring, partying. The sheriff's boat followed a little while later and they gave me the throat slash sign. Told me it was creating a logjam that was becoming almost dangerous :D :D :D

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 2

Throw the unplugged CD in and give Lake of Fire a spin go ahead and turn it up too, love this version......

Just pick up unplugged in NYC.. Family dollar store find @ 6 bucks. I'm going too listen to it now. Just waiting for the tubes to warm up.

post-63465-0-68420000-1469370827_thumb.j

• Like 3

Throw the unplugged CD in and give Lake of Fire a spin go ahead and turn it up too, love this version......

Just pick up unplugged in NYC.. Family dollar store find @ 6 bucks. I'm going too listen to it now. Just waiting for the tubes to warm up.

Great performance ! It got me from plateau on ... What a great ending with where did you sleep last night !

It's a folksy country simple rocker! More like a dark alterative country rock .Nirvana meets Johnny Cash's American recordings

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...