Car you will own, may own, never own

mustang guy

I will be getting a car in the next 6 months or so. Here is my short list:

2016 Jaguar XE 35T
2016 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid (most practical)
2010 - 2013 CTS-V (can't swing the $100k for a 2016)

I also love me some ATS-V and if a certified use done pops up when I am ready, I might have to re-think my list;)

I love my 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD, just need moar powa!

What I currently own:

Buick%202.jpg

What I will likely own:

image.jpeg

What I will own someday for a garage queen:

image_1.jpeg

Edited by K5SS

Audi RS7 in blue

2016-Audi-RS7-Performance-front-three-qu

This would be my second choice behind Lexus. If Lexus doesn't get their head out of the sand and stop charging an extra $20k for two extra doors between models and stop neutering their V8's I'll look elsewhere to buy.

I will be getting a car in the next 6 months or so. Here is my short list:

2016 Jaguar XE 35T

What I will likely own:

image.jpeg

I did a factory tour of Range Rovers last summer in Solihull, UK, and we popped in to the Jaguar XE facility. It was mid-afternoon, and there wasn't a soul to be found in the building and all of the machines and robots were stopped even though all the lights were brightly on. I expected there was some missing "just in time" part that had stopped production. What I found out was that they were having 'Tea Time'. LOL

The tour guide said "we Brits take our tea time seriously".  The actual truth is that they mandate breaks in Solihull and not even mechanics are allowed to work through them. The idea is that the productivity is increased, folks don't get burned out, less injuries, and better employee retention. Great idea tea time, isn't it?

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

MKP-

Which Honda motor powers the Langdon dragster?

Lol lol....

Just caught your post.....

Ya know years ago when I was doing the Honda engine swaps in the Civics for kids, they would tell me

"I want to go fast" ..... I would laugh at em and say "yea buy something with a small block Chevy and I'll build ya a car that'll go twice as fast for half the money"

MKP :-)

• Like 2

MKP-

Which Honda motor powers the Langdon dragster?

Lol lol....

Just caught your post.....

Ya know years ago when I was doing the Honda engine swaps in the Civics for kids, they would tell me

"I want to go fast" ..... I would laugh at em and say "yea buy something with a small block Chevy and I'll build ya a car that'll go twice as fast for half the money"

MKP :-)

Yet they forget that 100-0 is just as important;)

I learned on at a local autocross chapter and realized that a "lowly" 145 HP was a lot. Learning the balance of your car and handling it's weight was a GREAT experience. To the credit of today's youth some young kids were out their with their mega HP Hondas learning but that was few & far between. Kudos on them.

Edited by Rxonmymind
  • Like 1

My oldest son was the one who liked working on cars and trucks. Having that skill gave him confidense he would never have had. He got very good at doing brake jobs for his friends. I think every kid at Parkersburg High School got a free brake job done by him. He in turn taught them and so on. His hot rod was a black 07 WRX Subaru (non-STI). Now he drives an Audi. Still a turbo car, still AWD, and still black. This new car, is a LOT nicer though. His new 2017 on the left and his old 2012 on the right:

KtJXAEWh.jpg

• Like 2

What I currently own:

What I want to own in addition to:

And what I will probably end up with in another few years:

Still haven't put any marks on that board . How many years has it been ?

It should look something like this by now .

DSCN2904.jpg

Edited by sunburnwilly