Car you will own, may own, never own

mustang guy

Here is my list of cars:

Will own some day

2016 Jaguar XE R-Sport 35t AWD (~$60K the way I want it)

r_sport_XE_17MY_077_JDX-MODEL_DISPLAY-de

May own some day

Ferrari California (Prices start at $100,000 for a 13 yr old one)

Ferrari_California_01_002.jpg

Want but will never own

Aston Martin One-77 ( Only77 made, and they never even come up for sale)

6.jpg

Will own: Lotus Exige- Amazing handling and balance for price point, will be awesome to auto-x the hell out of it.

May Own: BMW E30 M30- Special car to me as my Dad had one when I was a teen and I used to rip up the back roads for hours in it. Unfortunately he sold it for $13,000 a year before the market blew up and its worth over $70,000 now which is crazy. :o

Want but will Never Own: 2017 Viper ACR. Brute analog force that commands respect at every moment. Would love this for track days but I dont think I could trust myself to drive it on public roads regularly.

• Like 1

Will own: Lotus Exige- Amazing handling and balance for price point, will be awesome to auto-x the hell out of it.

May Own: BMW E30 M30- Special car to me as my Dad had one when I was a teen and I used to rip up the back roads for hours in it. Unfortunately he sold it for $13,000 a year before the market blew up and its worth over $70,000 now which is crazy. :o

Want but will Never Own: 2017 Viper ACR. Brute analog force that commands respect at every moment. Would love this for track days but I dont think I could trust myself to drive it on public roads regularly.

If you like the Exige, you should consider lusting after the Hennessey Venom GT. It's built on that chassis. 270 MPH Yikes!

I have had a an E36 and an E46. The E30's are hard to find for decent money, but I can understand why you would want it. You can buy a 2  E46 convertibles for that and still have money left over for a trip to Europe for your family.  :)

When I hit the lottery this Saturday for a third of a billion dollars, this is what I'll get; 2015 Honda Accord. 

I know some of you will rightfully point out that even though the Powerball is listed at $333 million, the payout is only $237 million.  that's why I don't want buy new when I could save a few bucks on used.

It would just worry me to death driving a high-end sports car that would call attention to myself and my family.  It gives me nightmares to think of some dipstick pulling me out of the car and shooting me just because he wants my wheels.  It's not worth the worry.

I'd rather get something blase and used, then have it dressed up with a nice sound system, sound proofing and a nice plush suspension package.

And I even like the color.   B)

7938484104_c0017505c6_b.jpg

• Like 2

The ones I dream about

69' Dodge Charger or some other Mopar muscle car from that time.

79'-83' Olds Cutlass with T-tops, as I had two similar cars and figured these years are the ones I would shoot for.

Just about any Porsche 944. 

• Like 2

My dream car is a Cadillac ATS-V with a 6-speed manual, two toned beige and black leather interior.  That will never happen but I plan for my next vehicle to be the 2.0 liter turbo with a manual, saw one the other day for $17,600 or so.  I've seen used Hyundai Elantra's be that much.  

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

My dream car is a Cadillac ATS-V with a 6-speed manual, two toned beige and black leather interior.

Our sister store has Cadillac.  The ATS-V has my interest as well.  Maybe when my daughter gets out of college in a couple years..........................................

My dream car is a Cadillac ATS-V with a 6-speed manual, two toned beige and black leather interior.

Our sister store has Cadillac.  The ATS-V has my interest as well.  Maybe when my daughter gets out of college in a couple years..........................................

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/662230891/overview/

I'm going to have to settle for one like that.  I say that as if settling for that is a bad thing.  ATS-V's are like 65 grand new.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/662230891/overview/

I'm going to have to settle for one like that.  I say that as if settling for that is a bad thing.  ATS-V's are like 65 grand new.  

When my daughter graduates, I'll have a bunch of other stuff paid off (home equity loan, wife's car etc) so I might splurge.  Of course by then, something else might catch my eye but it's fun to daydream.

When Smart cars come out with all wheel drive I will get a red one.

JJK

You're in luck. Tesla Model X is AWD. On top of that you can outrun supercars on the way home from the grocery. Perhaps the most important think is that there is absolutely no chance a carjacker with any sense would drive something so dorky looking.