Car you will own, may own, never own

mustang guy

" as I mentioned near the close of the last record, the record that you are now playing is another example of the completeion backwards principal ; if you can manage the time, please play both side's

At one meeting "

The subliminal message is play with me

post-63465-0-15580000-1468633033_thumb.j

Edited by dirtmudd

I will probably end up getting another new Ram, this time most likely a 2500 with the 6.4 L HEMI. I currently drive a 2012 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI in Laramie trim dressed in Tequila Sunrise with pretty much every option short of the Ram Boxes. My Ram only has 19k on it and I work from home so I am in no real hurry for a new one. My wife drives a 2014 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI Laramie in Blue Streak. Hers has all the fixins plus the Ram Boxes are an amazing option that I now wish I would have shopped for. Going back to a car from a truck is a non starter unless it is a third vehicle.

I might own a Ram Hellcat if they come out with one. I just read that the new Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk will be available in Hellcat trim.....so you never know!

I will at some point pick up a Corvette Stingray, possibly in yellow but I think they look good in every color.

I will never buy a Ford or a Porsche. The Ford interiors cheap down every car they make and the Porsche is such an ugly car to me....and always has been.

Tim

Edited by teaman

The car I will never even be able to see let alone touch let alone drive let alone own is this one. This is my favorite Ferrari video and likely the most valuable Ferrari and perhaps most valuable car on the planet.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Bought Judy a 370Z with rear mounted turbo, lowered 1-1/2 inches four point harness, straight exhaust. She decided it was too much car and too loud, she she traded for a 2015 Mustang ecoboost. She loves the Mustang. Sorry, I can't downsize the pics in order to post on my work laptop. 

• Like 1

That is one sweet looking car. The first thing I would do is peal the big CT6 off the side.  :)

I wonder if they will come out with a CT6-Z.  I have a feeling they might. Starting price would be about $80K by looking at the ATS and CTS 'V' model price difference from base.

• Like 2

OK, I'll take a shot.

Will own: AWD coupe with at least 40" front headroom that is affordable on a working stiff's salary. Good luck finding one of those.

Never own: Any of the 4-door dreck currently foisted upon the public by the auto makers.

May own: Haven't a clue.

The only 2-door cars that are available either aren't AWD (it snows here, and in Missouri they don't know how to deal with it), or aren't built for tall people (I'm 6'4"), or are so expensive that I cannot even consider them (everything nowadays seems to be targeted at dual-income families with far more disposable income than I have). I actually looked into the matter; 2-door cars with 40+" headroom were common in the 70s and 80s. No more. There are a few, but there's more to it than just the headroom -- I tried one on for size not too long ago, and though there was adequate headroom, the roof line was so low that I could not see out the windshield.

In a thread where others are drooling over Ferraris and Porsches, I'm just hoping for a Ford or a Chevy or even a Subaru that meets my needs.

• Like 2

The car I will never even be able to see let alone touch let alone drive let alone own is this one. This is my favorite Ferrari video and likely the most valuable Ferrari and perhaps most valuable car on the planet.

What scares me about this vehicle is your butt sitting 4 inches above the ground. Do I have to wear stainless steel shorts?

JJK

What scares me about this vehicle is your butt sitting 4 inches above the ground. Do I have to wear stainless steel shorts?

JJK

Depends :)

• Like 1

OK, I'll take a shot.

Will own: AWD coupe with at least 40" front headroom that is affordable on a working stiff's salary. Good luck finding one of those.

Never own: Any of the 4-door dreck currently foisted upon the public by the auto makers.

May own: Haven't a clue.

The only 2-door cars that are available either aren't AWD (it snows here, and in Missouri they don't know how to deal with it), or aren't built for tall people (I'm 6'4"), or are so expensive that I cannot even consider them (everything nowadays seems to be targeted at dual-income families with far more disposable income than I have). I actually looked into the matter; 2-door cars with 40+" headroom were common in the 70s and 80s. No more. There are a few, but there's more to it than just the headroom -- I tried one on for size not too long ago, and though there was adequate headroom, the roof line was so low that I could not see out the windshield.

In a thread where others are drooling over Ferraris and Porsches, I'm just hoping for a Ford or a Chevy or even a Subaru that meets my needs.

It sounds as though a half ton pickup might do the trick. Some of them drive like cars, and all of the domestics have headroom. 

It sounds as though a half ton pickup might do the trick. Some of them drive like cars, and all of the domestics have headroom. 

Right you are, Mustang Guy. In fact I've been looking at Colorado/Canyon; they actually have more useable headroom than the full-sized Chevy/GMC pickups, not to mention lower weight, a superior power-to-weight ratio, and better fuel economy. In fact the Colorado is a few inches longer than, and only slightly narrower than, the full-sized 1983 F150 that I owned many years ago. The F150 was 400 lbs lighter, though I doubt that the engine made much more than 125 hp.

But if I'm looking for something elegant, well, a pickup truck doesn't exactly fit the bill.

On the other hand, here in the Great American Midwest that might not even be a consideration.

- Greg

Right you are, Mustang Guy. In fact I've been looking at Colorado/Canyon; they actually have more useable headroom than the full-sized Chevy/GMC pickups, not to mention lower weight, a superior power-to-weight ratio, and better fuel economy. In fact the Colorado is a few inches longer than, and only slightly narrower than, the full-sized 1983 F150 that I owned many years ago. The F150 was 400 lbs lighter, though I doubt that the engine made much more than 125 hp.

But if I'm looking for something elegant, well, a pickup truck doesn't exactly fit the bill.

On the other hand, here in the Great American Midwest that might not even be a consideration.

- Greg

I drive a superduty every day.  :) If I was driving a Maseratti people would be looking at me like they want me to die of a horrible disease. I've told my sons there are lots of cars I'd like to have, but I can't living here. 

Old muscle cars and stuff like that are fine even if they cost a million dollars. :)

No love here for the 1000 horsepower Bugatti Veyron.  Probably just as well.  To replace the tires it costs $40,000 and $20,000 for an oil change. 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/car-accessories/videos/a30005/bugatti-veyron-cost/

That must be some good oil!  Holy cow!

I want something where I can just poor the rest of the oil out of all the oil jugs on the shelf like my old John Deere. :) I think there are about 6 different oils in the crankcase right now. It's just fine.   LOL

• Like 1

No love here for the 1000 horsepower Bugatti Veyron.  Probably just as well.  To replace the tires it costs $40,000 and $20,000 for an oil change. 

For that same $20,000, or maybe a little more, you could purchase any of a number of motorcycles that would run away and hide from the Veyron, as long as the straightaway wasn't long enough for the Veyron to use its top speed advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOnygO-ZWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi5_GQ78wM8

Here is a nice video of some real speed, though. This is wild.

Fastest Top Fuel 1/4 mile run was 4.420 seconds with a trap speed of 335.57 mph; Doug Kalitta in 2004. (Nowadays they only go 1000 ft.) Thats an average of 203.62 mph. That means that if a car or bike going exactly 200 mph crossed the starting line at the exact moment Kalitta started his run, Kalitta would beat it to the finish line by 0.08 seconds and a little over 39 feet -- almost two car lengths.