Silly question

mr.pee1

So who thought it was a good idea to put k402 horns on top of La Scalas? They look awesome but alas I have not the room. Has anyone tried other horns on top just not as large. ?

larger than a k400 has a one inch entrance. you might consider a Karlson K-Tube, I prefer the double cutaway with the cutaway section positioned vertically.

post-44375-0-45300000-1468628138_thumb.j

post-44375-0-22140000-1468628156_thumb.j

post-44375-0-93900000-1468628273_thumb.j

Well . . . Hurr-umph.  It is a tad churlish to ask "who thought it was a good idea . . . "  Though you probably meant it is a nice way. The expression has an edge to it.

So I'll be a little churlish (in a nice way) to say, "That is not a 402 on top of a LaScala, that is a LaScala sitting under a 402."  The point being that a lot of people focus on the midrange horn, as the most important and then use the LS for bass.

If a smaller treble horn is needed (and admittedly just about all are smaller) people use a K-510 or Altec, tractrix variations,  or others. 

WMcD

• Like 2

Well . . . Hurr-umph.  It is a tad churlish to ask "who thought it was a good idea . . . "  Though you probably meant it is a nice way. The expression has an edge to it.

C'mon McD, the man's not a boor!  :lol:

So I'll be a little churlish (in a nice way) to say, "That is not a 402 on top of a LaScala, that is a LaScala sitting under a 402."  The point being that a lot of people focus on the midrange horn, as the most important and then use the LS for bass.

Pretty funny!  You are indeed an officer and a gentleman.  B)

Who uses "churlish" anyway?  :rolleyes:

You make it sound like you may have Lascalas. If so other than height restrictions. How do you not have room for them to be under the k402s?

To answer your question on what other horns. I love the EV Hp 640 horn and the HP 9040 is pretty good to just a tad bigger and to deep. Someday i wish to try the EV hr 9040a.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Biggest problem i am having is getting people to ship. There are two pairs in Arizona and neither will ship here. Well i think one might be he just doubled his asking price.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So who thought it was a good idea to put k402 horns on top of La Scalas?

If you want to know, I'll admit to thinking I was the first.

Having two Jubilee's, I realized I would need a center able to keep up.

Roy said one purpose of the Jubilee was to raise the crossover point.  The LaScala bass bin can already go higher so I asked him if those two could go together and be used as a center channel.

He paused....  and said he didn't see why not....

About a year later, he came out with this and all the engineering was done.  (for active crossover)

post-12967-0-73340000-1469229048_thumb.j