Belle klipsch wanted

You can find a pair but probably not any certain year. I guess you want last year of production but not sure why. I think the LaScala sounded better since it has same top end as the Klipsch horn. I listened to them side by side before I ordered my Scalas in 1980. But they are pretty but so are the LaScala IIs now. Good luck with your search I will keep eye out.

• Like 1

Almost all years you find will have the original speakers [drivers] in them those drivers are very tough . Then on the other hand a 2005 model may have been abused and have diferent drivers in them. Almost all of them will need crossover rebuild.

As far as LaScala goes I think it sounds very good you need to go to members house or a dealer to hear some and make your on decision.

They also had cloth available for the older Scalas I ordered mine with top grills and some have even found them with full grills but I like seeing the dog house myself. Some members have done the dog house just like the belles also.

Belles were very rare even when they still made them because of the cost  most just went for the K-Horns. Finding a certain year will be very hard I think .

• Like 1

I do not have the option for a set of KHorn's as my walls and corner walls were just treated and I do not want to try and remove all the foam treatment from them. So corner speakers are not going to be an option for me. I love the look of the belle's but sound is more important. I never considered the scalla as I thought it would produce the same bass as the belle just in a bit less attractive package.

I am still not sure about the controversy as to whether the Klipsch Belle was strictly designed to get waf, or as a center channel for the KHorn. But i want to use it as a full range audio speaker wo a subwoofer if possible. I have CW3'S now but want to upgrade. They sound good with my new YGGY but mid range is less than desirable. I know i will lose some bass but hope it is not that significant.

Of course i realize i could get an 2005 model that has been modified and damaged but as i said the odds would be slightly less IMHO. But maybe I should settle for any model year in 9/10 condition if possible.

Edited by Mister Jazz