Early Model Cornwalls in Seattle-Tacoma

onemoretime

Those are some of the oldest Cornwall pairs that i have ever seen.  The oldest S/N's I have seen to date are 220, 221 this is after 20 years of looking and being a forum member.  The fiinish also appears to be mahogany.  They have the Jensen woofers, K-1000 horns with early K-55's and the 16 ohm chrome throat screw terminal K-77.  Hand wound coils in the crossover networks, highly desirable pair here.  I bet Jim Hunter could date these as 1960 or 1961 vintage and a matched pair makes it more amazing.  If I was within traveling range I would be knocking on the door with money in hand.

I had a gorgeous pair of 1962's and these are even older.  I regret parting with them.  If you have the means I would jump all over them.

• Like 2

Those are some of the oldest Cornwall pairs that i have ever seen.  The oldest S/N's I have seen to date are 220, 221 this is after 20 years of looking and being a forum member.  The fiinish also appears to be mahogany.  They have the Jensen woofers, K-1000 horns with early K-55's and the 16 ohm chrome throat screw terminal K-77.  Hand wound coils in the crossover networks, highly desirable pair here.  I bet Jim Hunter could date these as 1960 or 1961 vintage and a matched pair makes it more amazing.  If I was within traveling range I would be knocking on the door with money in hand.

I had a gorgeous pair of 1962's and these are even older.  I regret parting with them.  If you have the means I would jump all over them.

Wow, Frznivt, I didn't expect anyone to wax poetic about these.

How much of their desirability is from being early models vs. how they are voiced?

just to add a few things on top of Frzninvt's post

as seen in the pictures the grill cloth was cutout and replaced with i'm guessing grill boards and cloth and the pie slice logos

i also believe the woofer cutout is 12" and a 15" woofer was used ( factory )

if it is mahogany which it does look like it M-7 should be written on the label for dark which they are and M-2 for light finish

i also believe that the klipsch logo for this time period should be the clear plexiglas with klipsch in white lettering ( not the pie slice logo ) placed at the bottom of the speaker.

forum member Gilbert had one of these years ago which had the light mahogany finish

would love to have these. i have 2 early model H's with the K-1000 horn

Edited by Budman
  • Like 3

Assuming all drivers are functioning and the networks have new capacitors, they will be "voiced" very much like later CW1s.  This pair of very early "vertical" Cornwalls is VERY desirable.

The attached photo shows how well they stack.

post-6832-0-93900000-1468801070_thumb.jp

Budman is right about the logos.  The pie slice logos came in about 1963 which I throught was strange.  My '62's had a small acrylic logo bottom center of the grill affixed with two small brad nails.  Maybe he did not include the first two characters of the S/N's.  Mine were like 3A126 & 3A127.  Still worth the asking price though.

i bought my 74 verticals last year from the original owner who didn't know any info on them being verticals. 10 mins from my house and they are stunning

Do you have yours vertical or horizontal? 

My '67 verticals are horizontal...

Edit: Horizontal CWIIs and a vertical La Scala center make my 65" TV look small...

Edited by mungkiman
  • Like 1