R12-SW vs SW-112? Which is newer/better?

YonathanZ

Yes, the SW-112 is an older model, superior to the R-12SW.  The R-12SW is purely entry level.

That said, the R-112SW is whole other debate and not in the same league of the R-12SW, just to be clear what models you are considering.

Welcome to the forum, "Yonathan"

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Hi Yonathan, welcome to the Klipsch forums!  :emotion-19::emotion-21: 

I believe you and I met over on the AVS.com forum.  There are several members here who are members there.

This would be a good place to ask the same questions you had over there if the sub issues are not resolved to your satisfaction.

• Like 1

I have kinda reached the conclusion that I'd have to spend $850 to get a frequency response below 25hz (SVS PB-1000), but I can't spend that much and I don't know how much of a difference it would make when watching movies. Is 27hz or so not good enough?

Edited by YonathanZ

I have kinda reached the conclusion that I'd have to spend $850 to get a frequency response below 25hz (SVS PB-1000), but I can't spend that much and I don't know how much of a difference it would make when watching movies. Is 27hz or so not good enough?

If DIY is an option, you have many choices available. If not, there are also ID brands such as HSU that will get you well below 25hz for below 850.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If DIY is an option, you have many choices available. If not, there are also ID brands such as HSU that will get you well below 25hz for below 850.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to ship whatever sub from the US to Israel - that costs around $100. There's also import tax.

My budget is $500, but the budget for the sub itself is roughly $300.

Also, HSU subs don't work with 230V.

There's a used R-110SW for $350. How low does it go?

Is it better than the R-12SW and SW-112?

What about BIC PL-200? Claims to go down to 22hz, doesn't say at what volume though.