SOLD!!!!!!!!!! 1975 Heresys reveneered and recapped

longdrive03

These are 1975 ("N") not 1977 H's.  I have a pair of "R" which are 1977 waiting to  redo and I got my wires crossed.  Sorry.  

1975 model  with consecutive serial numbers (I'll recheck serial numbers tonight and repost).  I sanded down the walnut veneer, cut out all corners to apply 3/4" solid hormigo lumber,  applied marbled aircraft grade wood backed  etimoe veneer on tops, bottoms, sides and fronts.  Installed neo magnets under from veneer, built new 1/2" grill, recapped E2 xover with Solen caps, installed new 14 gauge not fancy wire inside, ran horizontal side to side internal braced repainted the backs and speaker recesses  black, built new slanted risers (2" to .75") using same veneer, applied 6 coats of Minwax wipe on poly satin and installed new banana plug terminals over location of old Klipsch screw down terminals.  

Bumped the top back veneer on one spot and had to splice in veneer to match.  Hard to see from 3 feet away but gotta divulge that glitch.   See pics.   AHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  (Yeah, I know I should have been more careful!)

Will post better pics of risers.  I glued on thin foam rubber on tops of risers to keep speaker from sliding.  I drilled screw holes in the riser for those that want to permanently attach to speaker.  

K-24 woofers, K-55v mids and K-77 round magnet tweeters.  All work great.  

$700.00 plus actual shipping charges.   I'm in Little Rock if anyone wants to see them.

I will take more pics after work and post more photos.

HERESYS WITH MARBLED ETIMOE VENEER.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

Edited by longdrive03
SOLD
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TH,  thanks for the post but these are sold.  They sounded great and the new owner loves them.  I'll pm you.

Sorry I didn't mark them sold but I've been dealing with the horrific shipping issue of these to Los Angeles.  One woofer and mid horn were knocked loose by our good frieds at UPS (box was packed by Fedex (not very well)) and I switched to UPS when fed ex increased the shipping quote.  Each speaker was in a 28" x 3 box which is huge but fed ex had very little packing material.

UPS delivered 3 days late and damaged and I'm trying to collect on the on time arrival guarantee now which is another long story.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longdrive03 said:

TH,  thanks for the post but these are sold.  They sounded great and the new owner loves them.  I'll pm you.

Sorry I didn't mark them sold but I've been dealing with the horrific shipping issue of these to Los Angeles.  One woofer and mid horn were knocked loose by our good frieds at UPS (box was packed by Fedex (not very well)) and I switched to UPS when fed ex increased the shipping quote.  Each speaker was in a 28" x 3 box which is huge but fed ex had very little packing material.

UPS delivered 3 days late and damaged and I'm trying to collect on the on time arrival guarantee now which is another long story.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the damage. I wish that we could bring to life the Klipsch Pony Express.

• Like 1