***Nevermind!***

InVeNtOr

Fellow Klipsch fans in the Omaha area,

my buddy is trying to buy a pair of RB-75's to complete his Living Room Home Theater.  so far, there is only 1 set being sold. this guy:

LINK

or

LINK

he won't budge about shipping.  my buddy has asked, and asked, and asked.  he has also told him he would compensate him for shipping and time, and still no. 

i'm looking for someone that lives near this guy and is willing to make this transaction and then resell/ship to my buddy.  if you are, i'll PM you my buddy's info and let you two hash out what your time and energy is worth to do this.

thanks to all who are willing to help!

seller Pm'd me and decided to keep his beloved RB75's!

Edited by InVeNtOr
  • Like 2

Not so sure I can blame the seller and the buyer should know that the heavy compression driver attached to the plastic horn can snap off if dropped violently, say during shipping. I would not be the only member that this has happened. The driver/ horn assembly should actually be braced internally to protect this from happening. That is a hassle for sure. If he wants them bad enough work a deal with the seller to meet at a location suitable to each and make the deal. I know many Heritage owners drive for their acquisition, I know I have, more than once.

• Like 1

Everything in the cabinet is susceptible to damage.

Woofer motor busting off the basket, cracked horn lens, multi layer crossover ( if applicable ).

Best to remove and wrap the components in a well padded double box for safe shipping.

• Like 1

Most, me included, sellers aren't going to disassemble speakers for shipping. Like I said, jump in the car.

think he's was more or less talking about if a forum member picked them up. if they were close enough to me i would have no issue taking them apart and shipping everything separate. although i say drop them with fedex or ups, let them package them and insure them for the full amount, then if they get destroyed least you would not be out any money. 

This is still about an 1.5 hours from Omaha, still probably the closest city.  Will the seller deliver? If so I would be willing to help, take them to FedEx/Kinkos for packaging and shipping.   I might be able to meet, but my schedule is tight. 

Edited by The Dude

Most, me included, sellers aren't going to disassemble speakers for shipping. Like I said, jump in the car.

think he's was more or less talking about if a forum member picked them up. if they were close enough to me i would have no issue taking them apart and shipping everything separate. although i say drop them with fedex or ups, let them package them and insure them for the full amount, then if they get destroyed least you would not be out any money. 

^^^^^

what he said.

yeah, if a true klipsch fan had these and shipped them, they would know about the horns snapping, parts cracking, and general issues.  they would ensure it was well packed.  i just found out with in the last 15min my buddy received a RC64II shipped in, and there is a smashed corner.  not sure how that happens in the original box, but how knows what the shipping people actually do with packages. i don't think the damage is bad enough, but it sure isn't what i would want to have happen.

im west of Oklahoma City.  i'm about 1.5 hours from Tulsa.  there is no way i'm driving that distance! and my buddy is way too busy!

the guy who has the speakers just messaged me (on here) and said he will ship! maybe he was just waiting for a fellow forum member to contact him.

• Like 1

My RB-75's were shipped from Tacoma, Washington to Kissimmee, Florida in original boxes and double boxed.  Even though Daryl did not have original foam inserts, he bubble wrapped them very well and lined inner boxes with foam/foam rubber and they made the trip completely unscathed.  Even though he did a master packing job, I really do think we just had good luck on our side and very careful Fed Ex handlers.

Don't let my good luck change your mind about shipping because all those nasty things mentioned in this thread could very easily happen.  If you do have them shipped, take the advice about removing the drivers and shipping separately.

Bill

• Like 1

This is still about an 1.5 hours from Omaha, still probably the closest city.  Will the seller deliver? If so I would be willing to help, take them to FedEx/Kinkos for packaging and shipping.   I might be able to meet, but my schedule is tight. 

@The Dude - I'm willing to transport these to Omaha, if you're up for shipping these to the buyer.

• Like 1

@The Dude - I'm willing to transport these to Omaha, if you're up for shipping these to the buyer.

Are you the seller?  Just out of curiosity, as I am going to drop them off to fedex and let them package them.  Would you be willing to do that?  I believe I was quoted $25.00 for a H.H. Scott 222c to be double boxed plus shipping.  However it was a guarantee for the insurance to be paid.

Are you the seller?  Just out of curiosity, as I am going to drop them off to fedex and let them package them.  Would you be willing to do that?  I believe I was quoted $25.00 for a H.H. Scott 222c to be double boxed plus shipping.  However it was a guarantee for the insurance to be paid.

I am the seller - PM sent.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

JoeDirt

orrb_05

The Dude

JoeDirt has a niece that will be driving down to OU in about 3 weeks. this will be the best option for Brian.  however, there has been a wrinkle in his Living Room plans.  his wife is ordering granite, paint, cabinets, etc to finish out that basement and outdoor kitchen.  although he wants the RB-75's really bad, it's lower on the list.  if orrb_05 doesn't sell the speakers in the next few weeks, Brian may be able to get them. he needs to wait for the final bill to see if he has enough for the speakers.

thanks to all who have helped so much!

• Like 1

UPDATE:

JoeDirt

orrb_05

The Dude

JoeDirt has a niece that will be driving down to OU in about 3 weeks. this will be the best option for Brian.  however, there has been a wrinkle in his Living Room plans.  his wife is ordering granite, paint, cabinets, etc to finish out that basement and outdoor kitchen.  although he wants the RB-75's really bad, it's lower on the list.  if orrb_05 doesn't sell the speakers in the next few weeks, Brian may be able to get them. he needs to wait for the final bill to see if he has enough for the speakers.

thanks to all who have helped so much!

PM sent

• Like 1