Have to part ways with my Forte II's...RB-81 II's next?

Personally think selling them is a BIG mistake just my two cents worth.

I sold them for $500. I paid $200 for them. No mistake here.

The mistake won't be realized unless you try to purchase a pair in the future.

• Like 2

I'll keep looking out for some Heresy's on Craigslist. Was browsing the Klipsch online store last night...Heresy III's are $1000 a piece? Is there that much of a difference in the models to justify the high price tag?

Edited by NowBlasting

They are brand new, they do indeed sound better, they are made in America, they have a warranty, and you should buy them from a dealer so you can get a juicy discount. Nuff said...

I suppose you won't be buying any 70th Anniversary Edn Heresy's then.   :)

Just keep your eyes peeled. If you can get a pair under your roof in good shape for under $450-500 you'll be happy. Money well spent.

I'll keep looking out for some Heresy's on Craigslist. Was browsing the Klipsch online store last night...Heresy III's are $1000 a piece? Is there that much of a difference in the models to justify the high price tag?

That's just because they're new. Heresy has never been exactly cheap.

Also, Heresy III has titanium tweeter driver.

Also a titanium mid, more powerful woofer, and upgraded crossovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are brand new, they do indeed sound better, they are made in America, they have a warranty, and you should buy them from a dealer so you can get a juicy discount. Nuff said...

I suppose you won't be buying any 70th Anniversary Edn Heresy's then. :)

Just keep your eyes peeled. If you can get a pair under your roof in good shape for under $450-500 you'll be happy. Money well spent.

Thanks for the info! No dealers in Sacramento selling Heresy's I'll have to check the San Francisco Bay Area.

it also has a titanium mid diaphragm as well as a VERY much more sophisticated crossover network. Better by a wide margin, worth it to the OP, only the OP can answer that.

I noticed the serial numbers are no longer on the back of them. Is there a way to make sure they are a matching pair?

I don't think you can unless you have the original paperwork or unless you compare the veneer to see if the two speakers are book matched.

Bill

I noticed the serial numbers are no longer on the back of them. Is there a way to make sure they are a matching pair?

I don't think you can unless you have the original paperwork or unless you compare the veneer to see if the two speakers are book matched.

Bill

Are Heritage speakers usually book matched? I didn't know that!

Whether 8ohm or 4ohm, the Heresys(I,II,III) can be driven with just about anything out there.  I have driven mine with as little as a 52w/ch Marantz 2252B receiver up to a 250w/ch Acurus A250 amp with no ill effects at all.  IMO, no need to be concerned at all with them labeled 4ohm.

Bill

Whether 8ohm or 4ohm, the Heresys(I,II,III) can be driven with just about anything out there. I have driven mine with as little as a 52w/ch Marantz 2252B receiver up to a 250w/ch Acurus A250 amp with no ill effects at all. IMO, no need to be concerned at all with them labeled 4ohm.

Bill

Awesome thank you! Tried getting him down to $400 but doesn't look like he's budging...

Before I would say it's fine to run a 4 ohm speaker, I would like to know what you are connecting it to. A 4 ohm Heresy will draw twice the watts as an 8 ohm Heresy. A big beefy amp can handle that, but just know that if you have the same current in amps that cutting the impedance in half also cuts the wattage the amp is capable of. In other words, a 50 watt 8 ohm amp would be 25 watts, etc.

So what amp or receiver are you hooking up to?

Edited by mustang guy