Have to part ways with my Forte II's...RB-81 II's next?

Then set your speaker selection switch on 4 ohm and enjoy 25 watts/channel instead of the 50. That switch just changes the rail voltage... It's really not that big of a deal. The difference in 25 watts and 50 watts is only about 2db in loudness. It should still be able to give over 100db at a fair listening distance. 

Proud owner of a beautiful pair of Heresy II's! Only there is one problem...during a certain song I had on the bass started to rattle the back panel of the speaker. Does anyone know much about the back panel enclosure on the Heresy II? I don't see any way to tighten it. The corner on each speaker is loose. I can push back and forth on it with my fingers. Hoping this is an easy fix...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

What became of your H2's? Did they really state on the back that they were 4 Ohms? My only H2 advertisement from Klipsch doesn't indicate the impedance of that variant, while my sheets on the original Heresys and H3 alike state "Nominal 8 Ohms". Interesting.

Last September found me buying an exc condition pair of 1977 vintage Heresys. I used them in my office/music room, a carpeted 11+' x 12' x 9' converted BR, fed from just a CDP through several 50 Wpc amps, an Onkyo TX-8020 and Emotiva a-100 mini-X and A-100 BasX, before getting my first tube amp in nearly half a century a week ago. I got a Musical Paradise MP-301 mk3 amp, a 6.5 Wpc Class A amp. It is uncannily clear sounding, to the point where you can pick out the spatial placement of the individual instruments. The Emo amps sounded great, too - a slight improvement over the Onkyo, which is the only one of my amps with a sub-woofer output. Believe me, that 6.5 Watts is plenty for sane listening levels, especially since the Heresys are not a 'rafter shaker', anyway. I just wonder what happened...