Emotiva insiders

babadono

I have th XSP-1 GEN 2 pre amp running the XPA-1L monoblocks. They sound fine through my La Scalas. I like the built in bass management feature. That being said I would think the set up you have would be a step up from the Emotiva I have.

YMMV, I'll trade you straight up if you want! ;) 

Mark

I've been very curious about the XSP-1 as well. Between that and the Parasound P5, it's great to see more serious means of bass management for two-channel systems. I've always wondered why that wasn't a consideration more often, why would anybody need their mains to produce anything lower than 30hz? I'd rather save the driver excursion and protect the midrange. The HT bypass is a cool feature too, it's like they thought of everything! If it sounds good on LaScalas, then it must be good.

Edit: And while we're here, has anyone tried any of their BasX series of amps? 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:50 PM, CECAA850 said:

This was another one I had.  It was my roll around system.  No comments from the peanut galley on the cart.

100_3103.JPG

I love it especially the radio ant. and the sony HD player. I got one of those. Have you seen the price on those now. Wished I would bought about 50 of them. Then I could afford new K-Horns...lol

6 hours ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

I've been very curious about the XSP-1 as well. Between that and the Parasound P5, it's great to see more serious means of bass management for two-channel systems. I've always wondered why that wasn't a consideration more often, why would anybody need their mains to produce anything lower than 30hz? I'd rather save the driver excursion and protect the midrange. The HT bypass is a cool feature too, it's like they thought of everything! If it sounds good on LaScalas, then it must be good.

That is what is attracting me to it. Don't get me wrong I love my Peach pre but I have to use high level inputs on my Bash 300 to my McIntosh. Some will say that there is no difference in high level inputs vs coax and that may be true BUT I can tell a difference and I want to get away from high level inputs for my sub.

6 hours ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

I tried the Parasound P5 and the XSP-1 before deciding on the XSP-1. The Parasound P5 is a nice piece of kit but it didn't play well with my XPA-200 amp (used to drive the fronts in my home theater setup) and my Stealth DC1 DAC. Near as I could tell the input/outputs weren't matched very well. So, I kept the XPS-1. I also like the direct sales model of Emotiva. 

Now that I've went with two separate systems, one dedicated for stereo, the other for home theater, I like the capabilities of the XPS-1 as the control center for my 2.1 system. It handles my Benchmark DAC3-L, CD player, and turntable without any issues.  The Bass management system is OK but the control knobs are in the rear making dialing in the settings harder than they need to be. 

Mark