Faital HF200 REPAIR / Upgrade Options

Hello,

Been a while for me here. I have a Faital HF200 16ohm that is making some cracking, fuzzing, buzzing ...sounds. I've isolated everything to the driver. Any recommendations for troubleshooting? The drivers are less than a year old I doubt I blew/broke it. 

New diaphragm? Upgrade Diaphragm options, sources, supply?

Bob Crites does not offer replacement parts or service for this.

Thanks for any replies.

The diaphragm is available from Faital.  Pretty expensive.  Doubtful they would cover a diaphragm under warranty, but they would have to have the driver back to determine if they would cover it.  Warranty is 2 years for manufacturing defects.

Bob Crites

The diaphragm is available from Faital.  Pretty expensive.  Doubtful they would cover a diaphragm under warranty, but they would have to have the driver back to determine if they would cover it.  Warranty is 2 years for manufacturing defects.

Bob Crites

Thanks Bob, I figured that just wasn't an option after over a year.

What?  It sure sounds an option to me.  The right option.  If you didn't "blow" the driver it's a manufacturing defect (a failure) and the unit is still under warranty.

What am I not understanding?   :)

What have you go to lose?

*UPDATE

I was about to purchase a replacement. But decided to take the driver apart first. Took it all apart, cleaned it up and re-centred the diaphragm. The noise has vanished. ...for now. I will monitor and let you know if anything happens.

Once I realized warranty was not an option and replacement parts were going to be expensive at best, I figured no harm in taking it upon myself to check out...

• Like 1

replacement diaphragm of HF200 is 55USD each for dealers (149$ in US) . I don't have it in stock but I can order it in the up coming order next week. you only pay the actual price + shipping from Iran to US which maybe something around 20-30USD. I'll be able to ship it second week of Sep. hope it helps

• Like 3

replacement diaphragm of HF200 is 55USD each for dealers (149$ in US) . I don't have it in stock but I can order it in the up coming order next week. you only pay the actual price + shipping from Iran to US which maybe something around 20-30USD. I'll be able to ship it second week of Sep. hope it helps

Thanks for the offer. The repair is holding up so far...

• Like 1