homegrown bicycles

Paducah Home Theater

If any of you ride, surely you're tired of everything being from Taiwan by now.  If so, check out some of my friend's creations.  

Revolution bicycles, made right here in Paducah.  Welded, powder coated, graphics made and applied, assembled, everything.  

https://www.facebook.com/revolutionbicyclecompany/?pnref=lhc

13770320_1210856002300299_35567455874074

13716136_1210856025633630_19798510110457

Siren bicycles, dude is from southern Illinois right across the river then went to California but now he is in Colorado.  He builds it all himself, doesn't outsource the welding.  

https://www.sirenbicycles.com/

7ee249980f42c84288db1159c585c279_large.j

f8a93734559d4d59417ba27a39bc86cf_large.j

bma_siren_bike-2_large.jpg?v=1465921433

317248_188953657857391_1953092701_n.jpg?

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 5

Trek Bicycles, Waterloo, Wisconsin. I used to live there. While they did have some lower end bikes made in Taiwan, they have over 400,000 sq. ft. of space in Waterloo now and another facility in Wisconsin. They make great carbon fiber and bonded aluminum bikes. Plus I think they still make their steel bikes.

Lightspeed Bicycles, in Ooltawah, Tennessee, make outstanding titanium bikes. Still handmade here (I live about 20 miles from them). Crazy thing is, I don't ride. It's another expensive hobby/sport that I don't need.

Bruce

Lightspeed Bicycles, in Ooltawah, Tennessee, make outstanding titanium bikes. Still handmade here (I live about 20 miles from them).

The prototype welder for the Revolution bikes actually used to weld for litespeed. The owner is a litespeed dealer.

Crazy thing is, I don't ride. It's another expensive hobby/sport that I don't need.

Bruce

Im trying to get back into it, it was all i lived for, for years. I just picked up a Haibike electric bike a couple days ago, just super fun.

Those are some very cool frames. It's nice to see the small frame builders still doing it. My first real bike was a Klein in the early 90's-handmade in Chehalis,WA. Had a bunch since, and still have one hanging on the wall. Made me very sad when Trek killed them. Now I'm riding Ibis, made in good ole China along with most of the other good stuff. I am interested in the new Alchemy Arktos which is mainly built in CO (unusual for carbon to be built in the US) expensive though.

Everybody says that steel is dead. And on local club rides I see nothing but carbon. But until this year I rode a 1989 steel Waterford Paramount, and I only replaced it because it's such an old school design that it became difficult and expensive to find parts and components.

I replaced it with a full-carbon Fuji Altamira 1.1. I was very surprised by three things: 1) The super high-tech carbon Fuji with 24-spoke front wheel and 28-spoke rear wheel weighs exactly 1 lb less than the steel Paramount with 32-spoke wheels, 2) the carbon Fuji ride quality is almost identical to that of the steel Paramount, and 3) with a 60 mm diameter downtube, I expected the torsional stiffness of the Fuji to be tremendous, but in fact it's about the same as the Paramount (I'm a mediocre rider overall, but I can sprint with the best of them).

So much for 27 years' worth of technical advances.