Jubilee builder

JustAuBy

Talking to him now.  My next question would be about an active xo.  I currently have a Benchmark DAC2 and Benchmark AHB2 amp.  There S/N ratios are really nice and i don't want the active xo that i get to screw this up.  Anyone have suggestions on active xo's w/ DSP?  This will be a 2 way system with future integration of a Danley DTS-10 or 20.

As I recall, in your proposed set up you were NOT going to use a Klipsch designed horn for the top section. (If I remember correctly and maybe I am not)

In that case, if you have an extra $1k or $2k around, I would definitely go with the K-402 horns (the big ones) which are roughly $2k a pair. If the size is an issue, I would substitute the K510 horns (similar design but scaled down in size). Even with the stock K-69 driver, they will sound very good.

Later on if you want to get fancy you can try a JBL driver (on eBay used 2445 or 2446's sell for about $150 each). This would all be within your budget and give the biggest bang for the buck. 

All these recommendations are based on actual experience with my own system. The choice of DSP crossovers will have less impact then the changes I am suggesting. 

Good luck,

-Tom

Edited by PrestonTom

• Klipsch Employees

There is only one place to get a new Jubilee bass bin.  You need to email Roy or contact a pro dealer (Spencer at American Cinema Equipment). 

Now if you want something similar to a Jubilee there are a number of plans on the forum and a few craftsmen who can build them quite well.  Performance is excellent with these some of these builds...but they will not be a Jubilee.  Those are only birthed in Hope.

that is exactly right.  if it is not built by klipsch, then it is not klipsch.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the K-402 will have to wait for future upgrades.  I have some Eliptrac 400 from Dave Harris that i can put on top that will sound good for the time being.  Thanks to everyone for all the information and help.  I have some things i need to get rid of before i make my purchases but soooo looking forward to getting these into the listening room.