FASTRAC CORNWALL'S

Gilbert

FASTRAC Cornwalls anyone? I believe the concept has been out for a long time now. Similar to CornScala I first saw at BEC's all those years ago.

Was recently revisiting Al's website, and re-introduced to the subject on improving the mid-range of the Cornwall. I think I'd like to try it out on a pair of decorator cornwalls that I've been sitting on.

Was wondering if anyone here knows where I can obtain a K-600 horn, and what the going price was?

Any ideas on a template to help center the horn cutout? Not sure if Fastlane audio supplies the template, but if they do, never mind.

FASTRAC Cornwalls anyone? I believe the concept has been out for a long time now. Similar to CornScala I first saw at BEC's all those years ago.

Was recently revisiting Al's website, and re-introduced to the subject on improving the mid-range of the Cornwall. I think I'd like to try it out on a pair of decorator cornwalls that I've been sitting on.

Was wondering if anyone here knows where I can obtain a K-600 horn, and what the going price was?

Any ideas on a template to help center the horn cutout? Not sure if Fastlane audio supplies the template, but if they do, never mind.

Yep, he does.  If for some reason you don't get one I still have one.

So you still have a pair of decorator Cornwalls?!  I thought you sold all of your Cornwalls but I don't blame you for keeping at least one pair.  I've still got your 67's and 68's.  On one pair, I added binding posts near the bottom at the back and set the Fastracs on top using the original terminals to connect the mids.  Something you could try before cutting your cabinets.

Yep, he does.  If for some reason you don't get one I still have one.

So you still have a pair of decorator Cornwalls?!  I thought you sold all of your Cornwalls but I don't blame you for keeping at least one pair.  I've still got your 67's and 68's.  On one pair, I added binding posts near the bottom at the back and set the Fastracs on top using the original terminals to connect the mids.  Something you could try before cutting your cabinets.

Why might you need a K-600 horn?

Ah man. I think that I have done almost everything in the book as to CW mod's. Networks, horns, tweeters, drivers, bracing.....

The one thing that stands out for me? The K-600 is a nasty little thing at volume. Chews on your pant leg.

After running several mid horns both inboard and outboard the small format FASTRAC horn wins.

tc

• Like 2

Good to hear, I feel better about the proposed change. Don't know that I trust my wood skills using a router, but I'll take a few practice runs before taking the bit to the motorboard.

Fastrac system with ALK's crossover. Make myself a decent 2 channel for my office, to drown out the noise from the kids and the weener dogs.

• Klipsch Employees

Ah man. I think that I have done almost everything in the book as to CW mod's. Networks, horns, tweeters, drivers, bracing.....

The one thing that stands out for me? The K-600 is a nasty little thing at volume. Chews on your pant leg.

After running several mid horns both inboard and outboard the small format FASTRAC horn wins.

tc

then dont call it a cornwall....glad you saved your pant leg.

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...