Apology to the community

T2K

Hello everyone. After 16 years here I have finally earned a 'warning point'. I wanted to apologize to all the members here that read the offensive words that I posted and promise that I will refrain from using foul language in the future. In an attempt to explain, not justify, my use of coarse words here I will say that my working background was in labor. The work was hard and men were men and we men conversed as men. Sometimes words were used among ourselves that may have been offensive to more tender individuals, but at the end of the day we were bound by a bond that was built around hard work and accomplishment. You learn a lot about people when you are pushed to your limit in conditions that test a persons endurance and work ethic. So it is from this background, manually pounding granite 12+ hours a day (mostly nights), that I am trying to transition from to the more modern world where people are now more easily offended.

I feel like a douchebag, however that feels. I have no experience with douchebags just as I have not had interaction with the seemingly softer individuals that are so prominent today. So, I am a relic. A specimen from the past. Thank goodness that I am no longer employed and subjecting others to my crudeness.

I will soon go to the Gulf Coast to meditate for a few weeks and hopefully return as a more understanding and caring individual with the understanding that our world is now more sensitive and quick to shoot off a message to authority when subjected to crude language. Today I will go buy khaki pants and a baby blue button-down shirt to begin my transition to understanding.

Wish me luck!

Keith

• Like 5

Keith,

I hope this was a condescending apology, because I would not apologize for being real.

I agree as well that today's world is a bunch of pansies and that it needs to change. People need to get over themselves and being so PC and making sure they go out of their way to make sure they let you know you're wrong because you don't agree with their thought process.

I don't know what was said, nor do I care, but the reason I have backed off the forum for some time is because of the PC.

I actually had someone on here complain that I called myself white trash and was asked not to use derogatory language. It's a joke to me how people today are so much into what someone else says or does when it doesn't immediately affect them or their families personally. People used to mind their own business and not care what was said as long as it didn't physically hurt them. "Sticks and Stones" is no longer a valid saying.

Just my 0.02. I could care less what anyone says or how they say it,so long as it doesn't physically hurt me or my family.

Sorry you feel the need to apologize, and I don't mean it in a negative way. Saying sorry for something you really feel sorry for is one thing, saying it to appease is another.

• Like 5

Hello everyone. After 16 years here I have finally earned a 'warning point'. I wanted to apologize to all the members here that read the offensive words that I posted and promise that I will refrain from using foul language in the future.

This speaks strongly to your true character: men can make an apology and be considerate of others feelings.  To often on this forum things get heated up in a discussion and we end up loosing a member.  I am unaware of the post but, have much respect for you.  Kudos to you!

What!!.... only 1 warning point!!!  that's still a puss in my book.

Hello everyone. After 16 years here I have finally earned a 'warning point'. I wanted to apologize to all the members here that read the offensive words that I posted and promise that I will refrain from using foul language in the future. In an attempt to explain, not justify, my use of coarse words here I will say that my working background was in labor. The work was hard and men were men and we men conversed as men. Sometimes words were used among ourselves that may have been offensive to more tender individuals, but at the end of the day we were bound by a bond that was built around hard work and accomplishment. You learn a lot about people when you are pushed to your limit in conditions that test a persons endurance and work ethic. So it is from this background, manually pounding granite 12+ hours a day (mostly nights), that I am trying to transition from to the more modern world where people are now more easily offended.

I feel like a douchebag, however that feels. I have no experience with douchebags just as I have not had interaction with the seemingly softer individuals that are so prominent today. So, I am a relic. A specimen from the past. Thank goodness that I am no longer employed and subjecting others to my crudeness.

I will soon go to the Gulf Coast to meditate for a few weeks and hopefully return as a more understanding and caring individual with the understanding that our world is now more sensitive and quick to shoot off a message to authority when subjected to crude language. Today I will go buy khaki pants and a baby blue button-down shirt to begin my transition to understanding.

Wish me luck!

Keith

Believe it or not, we are cut from similar cloth; I worked too long on warehouse and trucking load docks, then off to ranch work, followed by construction with general laborer's, welders, root pickers, etc., Every other word was a curse word, but not necessarily meant as an explicative, or issued in a derogatory manner, but certainly not suitable for sensitive ears or the meek. 

Luckily I was able to figure out by age 29 that I no longer wanted to be someones' slave or biach in the hot sun; and was especially fortunate to have parents who believed in me and could afford to help out with the majority of my college expenses.

Cheers :emotion-46: , enjoy your time on the beach, and drink a scotch and share a it with a nice cigar. Beer's okay too.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have responded to this thread except that your apology was to the community, and I hope I've earned the privilege to be considered part of this Klipsch Forum community.  I didn't read whatever it is you wrote, and I don't intend to look for it.

If it helps you feel better, even though you didn't offend me personally and you don't owe me an apology, as a member of the community I accept your apology unconditionally.

• Like 2

coterminous

Really?

Keith, if I had the choice of reading some (shall we just say) blunt comments that are to the point verses having to read up the definition of the young whipper snapper punk above, I'll take both!

:emotion-21: :emotion-21:

:emotion-22: :emotion-22: