Apology to the community

T2K

It may have been for the best that I was never asked to be a moderator. I'd clamp down on language to conform to 1940's radio standards.

Say it with music, Happy Days Are Here Again!   :emotion-19:

Edited by wvu80

I am happy to see this apology. My ears bleed sometimes when I think of what harsh words people type on their keyboards.

We need a kinder, gentler forum where everyone gets a participation trophy.

No more awkwardness about color, race, religion, or whatever else separates me from you....and you from others.

If you have something that someone else has, kindly give them yours, since you are probably not deserving anyways.

We should all speak quietly as to not hurt each others feelings.

Feel free to go to your safe spaces if anyone is offended or afraid.

Political correctness is the way of the world, and with it comes the evolution of our countries. Where transgenders fight alongside Navy Seals as equals.

If something seems too difficult, someone else will do it for you.

All the wonders of this new and improved world have my head spinning. Happy unicorns dance over a Skittles rainbow.

We can only go up from here.

Enjoy your spiritual journey....I will try to meet you there....

Maybe this should be brought to the attention of IbizaFlame??

I don't know if anybody's noticed, but he was upset after a discussion with Keith about KSP-400s and hasn't been back since.

The kid had nearly 3,000 posts and more than 1,000 likes. That's a pretty good ratio and a seemingly worthwhile member of the community.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164434-ksp-400-vs-kg4/#entry2027149

• Like 1

Face to face conversations are so much different than forum posts, emails and texting. Things can be misunderstood so easily. In face to face communication, we know how to respond because it is usually clear that we are being attacked. What's more, we are being challenged in a more private setting and not from a podium for all to hear.  In these other forms of communicating, we have to be much more thick skinned and less quick to temper. We have to understand that the person who seems to be challenging us or ignoring us may simply not be communicating well because they don't have the time, or the written communication skills, or perhaps not paying attention. With thick skin, it can stop there. Perhaps a rebuttle with humility and politeness is a way to clear the air and resolve these misunderstandings. With thick skin, we are showing the audience of the person on that podium what we are truly made of, patience and understanding. We are stopping the war before it starts. We are educating the person and the people that this is a really effective way to resolve differences. With humility, politeness and some thick skin, we can make all of this stop.

We don't need to all hug one another and sing Kumbaya. We just need to understand that what we type and what we read, though it has clarity in our own minds, can be completely misunderstood from the true meaning. 

• Like 4

I don't know if anybody's noticed, but he was upset after a discussion with Keith about KSP-400s and hasn't been back since.

The kid had nearly 3,000 posts and more than 1,000 likes. That's a pretty good ratio and a seemingly worthwhile member of the community.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164434-ksp-400-vs-kg4/#entry2027149

Wow, I didnt realize he had not posted here since that thread which I do remember. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to him, I really liked the guy and this forum needs more young people to carry on the audio tradition and hobby. I think he was the youngest member here actually.

• Administrators

Wow, I didnt realize he had not posted here since that thread which I do remember. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to him, I really liked the guy and this forum needs more young people to carry on the audio tradition and hobby. I think he was the youngest member here actually.

Which is why some of those here posting their snarky apologies should maybe think about the fact that just because something doesn't bother YOU, doesn't mean it won't bother someone else. And if you happen to offend someone else in some way, maybe be a nice human being about it rather than post fake apologies about it.

It's not about being "P.C." (whatever that means to you), it's about just thinking before you "speak". The backspace key is sometimes more powerful than you think.  :)

/rant

• Like 3

• Administrators

Face to face conversations are so much different than forum posts, emails and texting. Things can be misunderstood so easily. In face to face communication, we know how to respond because it is usually clear that we are being attacked. What's more, we are being challenged in a more private setting and not from a podium for all to hear.  In these other forms of communicating, we have to be much more thick skinned and less quick to temper. We have to understand that the person who seems to be challenging us or ignoring us may simply not be communicating well because they don't have the time, or the written communication skills, or perhaps not paying attention. With thick skin, it can stop there. Perhaps a rebuttle with humility and politeness is a way to clear the air and resolve these misunderstandings. With thick skin, we are showing the audience of the person on that podium what we are truly made of, patience and understanding. We are stopping the war before it starts. We are educating the person and the people that this is a really effective way to resolve differences. With humility, politeness and some thick skin, we can make all of this stop.

We don't need to all hug one another and sing Kumbaya. We just need to understand that what we type and what we read, though it has clarity in our own minds, can be completely misunderstood from the true meaning. 

I think this is the perfect response to all this.

• Like 2

Which is why some of those here posting their snarky apologies should maybe think about the fact that just because something doesn't bother YOU, doesn't mean it won't bother someone else. And if you happen to offend someone else in some way, maybe be a nice human being about it rather than post fake apologies about it.

It's not about being "P.C." (whatever that means to you), it's about just thinking before you "speak". The backspace key is sometimes more powerful than you think.  :)

/rant

Thanks Chad. I just put the pieces together on this. I have not been here long enough to put together who is who in previous threads sometimes and initially thought this was about cussing and forum T&C vs actual malicious posts. While the usual swearing vs censorship game we play here is snark territory in my book direct attacks is not and as such I am going to delete my initial response. I shot Ibiza a PM as well, he was the only one here younger than me and is a great guy. 

But isn't it amazing how the most passive thread can turn vile? I remember my thread on why the virtues of VRD amps which eventually was closed for gawd sakes. It went from why do so many preach their virtues to at threads end someone wanting to bend over someone's daughter. I mean how can such a swing of subject/opinion be predicted. It can't when a key board awaits.

• Administrators
I mean how can such a swing of subject/opinion be predicted. It can't when a key board awaits.

Unfortunately, some folks don't know how to practice restraint. 

• Like 2

I noticed he was MIA and of course I miss his comments and interactions on the board.  I didn't know that he was upset about a discussion.

People come and go all the time according to their needs so I didn't give it much thought.  I just figured he would return when he wanted to.

+++

Many boards have an "Ignore User" feature.  Maybe the upgraded forum software will have that feature.  If it helps to make posters feel more comfortable posting then that's a good thing.

I talk to IBIZ on a regular basis. He said he doesn't have the patience or time to have people talk down to him and others. He told me he was done with the forum, he has looked a couple of times when I told him to check stuff out. And yes, the KSP conversation was the final straw. Maybe he will come back in time. He's a kid (LOL 25 or 26 I think) who is going to get a doctorate (PHD) works a ton, and is a fine musician (trumpet) But being one of the youngest if not the youngest member, a few people feel they are more intelligent and superior to him I'll shoot him a text, he'll get a kick out of this. Maybe he will even have something to say

Mark