Speakerlab 7s

DizRotus

I really liked Speakerlab speakers. I built about a dozen pairs back in the 70 - 80's. Built a pair of 6s similar to those that only had the 12" woofer (1208R). Just got them back about a year ago and replaced a few parts ant they are rocking again. Wanted to build the 7s when I got out of college but they had switched to a 6.5" cone mid and a leaf tweeter by then and called them Super 7s. Built them and loved them. Actually kept those and sold my Cornwalls to a friend that was opening a bar and needed dbs's He got lots of compliments on them. Still have most of the parts for the 7s (the cabinets got water damaged)

• Like 1

I heard two pairs of 30's (one in each corner) and was genuinely impressed. The lady who demo'd them for me said she had worked for Speakerlab and those were her favorite model. Very smooth sound and a surprising amount of good, clean, detailed bass that sounded like it was coming from a high dollar sub. I looked around the room because I found it hard to believe there wasn't a sub.