Weirdest Finish on Cabinets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I wish I still had a photo of the log cabin Klipschorn's that I bought that had slabs of raw wood nailed all over them.  I did post them on here when i got them to show the before and after.  Lost my originals in a hard drive crash.  You would have got a real kick out of them.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 5:17 PM, JoeM38 said:

burlap

00n0n_5IG4QA0xDot_600x450.jpg

I answered an ad in the paper for some Klipschorns. They were early had K5's and were likely 1950's. I didn't think Khorns could be so ugly but these were wrapped in burlap and not even the burlap pictured here. The entire cabinets were wrapped in it. They went down to $900 but I just couldn't take em home. I think I made a mistake and should have bought them. I believe forum member Funkyhambone had looked at them the day before and turned them down as well... Wish I had taken some pics.

Last night I was on a quick "archeological dig" through the forum and it appears that I may have stumbled across Klipschorn No. 14.  That was the first time I had seen interior louvered shutters covering a Klipschorn. :wacko:

large.587843e6a01b8_KlipschornNo14post-13602700.jpglarge.587843e8ae8f8_KlipschornNo14post-13602-1381924992700.jpg

large.587843ec77ad8_KlipschornNo14serialnumbertagpost-13602-700.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...