New Forum Theme: Klipsch Dark (beta)

Chad

• Administrators

I've just added a new forum theme (selectable at the bottom of the page) for people who love darker colors and/or HATE the super-bright default theme. Just scroll down to the bottom and click the "theme" link.

Our themes are works-in-progress.

theme-switch.gif

• Like 11

• Chad featured this topic
  • Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Administrators
7 minutes ago, Max2 said:

I hope the dark background comes back, its so much easier to read.  The white background and blue text is difficult to make out at a distance and too much like facebook.

It has been back for a while now... you should be able to see it in the list of themes. Let me know if not.

• Like 1

I don't mind the white background.  However, anything other than black type (e.g. the blue type) is difficult to read because of lack of contrast.  Most importantly, the type size is too small.  Can there be an option, or is there one in IE which will affect the display other than medium, large, etc.?

WMcD

The "unread message headers" have a custom background color which is not in keeping with the "read headers" and it is a bit confusing because some of the read headers look more pronounced with a darker background. It seems to me that the background of the unread should be dark always if partially departing from the horizontal bar of the default theme style:

W5whEaH.png

On 8/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, Chad said:

Yeah I've been toying with those colors... still tweaking it! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

I voted for the dark theme as the best fr the default, but I still think the light background for the unread posts is confusing. I want to put this out there a bit differently. I understand negative colors are supposedly the more contrasting, but it is not true. I have found that if you display any image in gray-scale, you see the true contrast at all illumination levels. With a dark theme, the illumination level is low, which lends itself to gray-scale all that much more. 

In the image below, which looks more prominent, the read messages or the unread messages? Top half is grey and the bottom is color...

J9d6s4Y.png

• Chad pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Why did the theme colors change? Now there's this dreadful copper colored highlight that's on all the themes... And I can't get rid of it.

First y'all delete all the old specs and now you're screwing up the colors I'm just getting used to... Leave things alone!

• Administrators
On 1/18/2017 at 7:57 PM, GPBusa said:

Why did the theme colors change? Now there's this dreadful copper colored highlight that's on all the themes... And I can't get rid of it.

First y'all delete all the old specs and now you're screwing up the colors I'm just getting used to... Leave things alone!

Since a recent software update (in December), there were some issues with the themes, so I've been working on them. Also, the default theme (that used to be mainly blue-based) was modified a bit to be a little more "on-brand", hence the copper accents. Sorry you don't like our copper. :)

32 minutes ago, Chad said:

Since a recent software update (in December), there were some issues with the themes, so I've been working on them. Also, the default theme (that used to be mainly blue-based) was modified a bit to be a little more "on-brand", hence the copper accents. Sorry you don't like our copper. :)

I like the new scheme of colors. Don't change it.

JJK

On 01/20/2017 at 6:46 AM, Chad said:

If the copper accents actually did anything, then I wouldn't mind. But like the copper colored drivers (none of which I own) it's nothing but marketing propaganda.

I'll stick with the old discontinued models and my three pair of LaScalas. And yes, the blue was much better looking and easier on the eyes.

• Chad unpinned this topic