My locked threads re Forum Overhaul

Chad, I saw where you locked both my threads on "Forum Overhaul."  I hope you know me well enough to know that doesn't hurt my feelings in the least as I trust your judgement, and I don't take things like that personal.  I just don't.

I am curious though why you locked the thread/topic down.  Was it attracting too much lightning?  Maybe it was creating more problems than it was solving by piling on a lot of criticism and you needed things to slow down just a bit?  Are you trying to narrow things down to more specific questions that make it easier for you to track?

I just want to be a part of the solution, not the problem.  Your answer(s) will help me be a more responsible contributor to the forum.  Thanks!  -Dave

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was wondering that myself.  I think maybe he was getting  tired of going back and forth answering the same question in the  two different area you posted in.  He was responding to them as things went along.

Just guessing, but  I am thinking he is trying to get things in one area that he can respond to.

Either that or he just wanted to see if he remembered to activate his own "lock" feature.

Travis

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I was wondering that myself.  I think maybe he was getting  tired of going back and forth answering the same question in the  two different area you posted in.  He was responding to them as things went along.

Just guessing, but  I am thinking he is trying to get things in one area that he can respond to.

Either that or he just wanted to see if he remembered to activate his own "lock" feature.

Travis

I started off in the new forum by trying to post in the brand new Questions section.  My post was actually Thread #1 Overall.  Then I worried I did the wrong thing so I started the exact same thread in the Lounge (I think) section.

The real problem to me was that the new format is so cluttered and hard to follow that even a forum veteran like myself was virtually clueless how to provide feedback to Chad to help him tune the new interface.  In trying to be helpful I wondered if I wasn't making things worse and Chad needed to shut the threads down until he got a handle on things. 

Just as you suggested Travis, I think it would be helpful to both Chad and us is an "official" place we can offer constructive criticism to help Chad understand how his target audience (us) is reacting and to figure out what would make the new forum software run more smoothly.

My take is that this is a work in progress, and that Chad knew from the beginning he would have to make tweaks, and that people would be upset until tweaks get made.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I started off in the new forum by trying to post in the brand new Questions section.  My post was actually Thread #1 Overall.  Then I worried I did the wrong thing so I started the exact same thread in the Lounge (I think) section.

It's my fault for not clearly explaining the new Q&A section's purpose and how to use it. It's not really built for conversations, but rather strictly Q&A (sort of like a stackexchange.com type of thing) - It remains to be seen if this type of forum area is really useful here, so it may go away if not.

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The real problem to me was that the new format is so cluttered and hard to follow that even a forum veteran like myself was virtually clueless how to provide feedback to Chad to help him tune the new interface.  In trying to be helpful I wondered if I wasn't making things worse and Chad needed to shut the threads down until he got a handle on things. 

Nope, you shouldn't worry. I just wanted to clean things up a bit. No harm-no foul. As i said above it's really on me for not clearly explaining some of the new things.

• Like 2

Thanks for the explanation, Chad.

Once I posted in the Questions section because of the different format of that sections I almost immediately came to the same conclusion, but I still wasn't sure what to do about it, hence the duplicate question in another section.

It's going to take all of us collectively some time to get used to the changes.  I am SURE Chad has got a million things to take care, and I'm also sure there are corporate people at Klipsch giving him "suggestions."

I appreciate the fact that Chad is being responsive to forum members' input.  There are other discussion boards where decisions are implemented without regard to input from the posting community.

I prefer the format where we work together to make this forum the best one on the internet for discussion of audio in general and Klipsch in particular.

• Like 2