We all love Duratex

mustang guy

See post below discussing shipping

Did you know Duratex is $10 cheaper buying from the manufacturer? I just stumbled across this little factoid:

Acry-Tech $59.80 / gal black roll on

Parts Express $69.80 / gal black roll on

Remember this for when you need to buy some. Seems silly to pay PE extra for what you can get directly B2C $10 cheaper.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Do you have any idea how many speakers that would cover?

A lot of them. A gallon lasted me through several really big speakers like the kpt-684's, LaScalas and BFM tubas. The stuff seems to never run out.

8 hours ago, babadono said:

eh....what about shipping? 2 gallons (over $100) qualifies for free shipping from PE.

You made me curious, so I went and looked. FOB to my zip here in WV from Lauderdale FL is...

cmC7ARR.png

$15.99 for a single gallon.

Parts Express shipping on the same SKU to the same zip is $6.95.

The net difference is that buying B2C in this case is exactly 96 cents cheaper.   :P

Forget about their roller unless you're working on a brand new surface and want your texture REALLY bumpy. I used a a trim-style 6" x 1" dia poly roller (not the foam type), and rolled 8x double 18" QRX 218 EV bins, and 8x QRX 212-75 double 12 top bins  AND 8 MRX JBL monitors using only 2 gallons of Duratex by this method. Two coats each!   

HINT- curing is everything with this product. If you apply in cold or damp conditions, it'll take forever to dry. Like weeks. Keep your room above 65 degrees and reasonable humidity and it'll cure up fully in less than a week. I called the manufacturer before we did some cabinets last winter when PA rentals were slow and we kept the air circulating and temps up and were just fine. They said they've even heard of folks painting then storing speakers in box truck with some space around them to 'cook' the product down. 

• Like 1