looking for Forte 1 Grill frames

Fido

My Dads old Fortes are in mint condition - I have replaced the crossovers and diaphragms from Bob Crites and added a big HSU subwoofer - I LOVE the setup -- my grills are also in perfect condition but Id love to have a set in cane!!!! Does anyone know where I can pick up a spare set of the grill frames??? I appreciate any help - I don't want to take the original grill cloth off my existing setup in case I don't like the cane or want to go back to the original stock look

4 hours ago, Fido said:

Does anyone know where I can pick up a spare set of the grill frames??? I appreciate any help

Do you have access to a table saw?  Make your own :emotion-21:

If I remember correctly, they have a simple bevel cut around the outside edge.  Cut out the middle, leaving two cross section braces.  3/4" plywood would likely be the goto material.  If you already have cane, fantastic!  If not, take a look at mojotone.com "British Small Weave".  I have had excellent results with their cane material.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• 2 weeks later...