KP-201's

Lexanikid22s

Welcome to the Forum! I dont think Klipsch can supply you with a direct replacement woofer from the factory for the KP-201. I would try posting a WTB (Want to buy) post in the garage sale and see if anyone has a spare they can offload, the industrial heritage speakers are relatively popular here so you might have good luck. The Synergy B3 may be difficult to find a replacement but you might get lucky on ebay but the cost may not be worth it considering the market value of those. Honestly, you are probably better off getting a new set of Klipsch bookshelf speakers.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response the last time I tried to respond the website was down or something. I've heard of a H3 upgrade you can buy from klipsch is that true? As for B3's I know they are not anything special but they were given to me by a good friend who passed away a few years back and also they were my first pair of klipsch speakers. The sentimental value is why I wanted them fixed. I had them on bookshelf speaker mounts but after a year the mounts must have came loose and they fell. This is the one that didn't make it 

image.jpeg

I paid 200 for my 201's on Craigslist. The guy said they were used by a traveling missionary. The cabinets are a little rough and the subwoofer on one of the speakers looks like a at home hack job repair smh. I have pictures but I don't want to embarrass myself by posting them haha. Surprisingly they sound great only occasionally I hear a little distortion from the "repaired" speaker. I wish I had the know how to restore them myself because finding someone to repair the cabinets seems to be impossible in my area 

You never know what will turn up on Craigslist, I'd keep searching for Klipsch things to fix either pair. You might find a secondary pair of Heresies or Synergy speakers that have good woofers and something else wrong. Search often, too. I found the listing for my KP-201s when it was three hours old, and if I'd missed it by an hour they'd be someone else's!

You'll really love them once they're repaired, they're the best speakers I've heard and I'll never get rid of them. I've recently introduced them to a 3.5w tube amp and I was using it last night to listen to Exo at near-theatric levels, and they were very clean about it.

• Like 1

Chris is right on. The KP-201 are fantastic speakers. As you know they are Heresy II's in professional form. The woofer is supposed to be the K-24. Those are still serviceable I think http://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-speaker-repair.html. You also see them for sale on Ebay all the time. I don't think you can upgrade them to H3's since they aren't actual H2's but you can call Klipsch and see if they will sell you the upgrade kit with a KP-201 serial number. 

If you want them better, look at replacing the tweeter diaghram with a titanium one. I did it on one of my pairs, and it made a noticeable improvement in clarity.

Incidentally, don't feel like you can't post pics. If you paid $200 we won't expect much. That is a killer price for KP-201's. I'd bet money they can be reconditioned to look like new speakers with some TLC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustang guy said:

Chris is right on. The KP-201 are fantastic speakers. As you know they are Heresy II's in professional form. The woofer is supposed to be the K-24. Those are still serviceable I think http://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-speaker-repair.html. You also see them for sale on Ebay all the time. I don't think you can upgrade them to H3's since they aren't actual H2's but you can call Klipsch and see if they will sell you the upgrade kit with a KP-201 serial number. 

If you want them better, look at replacing the tweeter diaghram with a titaniu

thanks for for all the help guys and jimbo your the man! I'm going to try and get some pics on here in a bit. The photos on my phone are saying the file size is to big to upload on here. 

As far as upgrades I'm all for whatever's the best route to go. I'd like to find someone local 

and I'd pay someone to restore them inside and out 

• 4 weeks later...