Reputation?

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

No comment.

"Your meddling with the primal forces of nature Mr Beale"

Don't know if you know what I'm talking about, there's a number above your post count, its your "reputation". What that be? Compared to what?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, babadono said:

"reputation". What that be? Compared to what?

It's just semi-arbitrary points that you can accumulate as people like your posts. It's a way for newbies to determine how "reputable" forum veterans are when they post what they post. You may notice the "Popular Contributors" widget in the right sidebar on topic lists & the forum homepage (on desktop) - these are like "reputation stats".

3 hours ago, Youthman said:

I'm guessing it increases as people hit the "Like this" on your posts?

Yes. This is as it's always been. (well, since we migrated to this software first a few years ago).

4 hours ago, Youthman said:

If you click on your Username or Profile Pic and wait 31 seconds

This is one of those annoying performance issues I'm trying to work out. Part of the problem is the servers that the forums and database are currently on.

3 hours ago, Youthman said:

I see there is a "Vote this Answer Up or Down" on the left side of a post.  This is new as well.

Along with the "MArk this as the best answer" button... This is only in this Q&A forum area. It's a new feature in teh latest forum version. I'm not sure it's a good fit here though. Will probably revert it to a normal forum area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chad said:

It's just semi-arbitrary points that you can accumulate as people like your posts. It's a way for newbies to determine how "reputable" forum veterans are when they post what they post. You may notice the "Popular Contributors" widget in the right sidebar on topic lists & the forum homepage (on desktop) - these are like "reputation stats".

Yes. This is as it's always been. (well, since we migrated to this software first a few years ago).

This is one of those annoying performance issues I'm trying to work out. Part of the problem is the servers that the forums and database are currently on.

Along with the "MArk this as the best answer" button... This is only in this Q&A forum area. It's a new feature in teh latest forum version. I'm not sure it's a good fit here though. Will probably revert it to a normal forum area.

Thanks Chad,

So if my "reputation" is 1,000 it doesn't mean I have the 1,000th best ( or worst) reputations among all the forum members? So the higher the number the more reputable you are? I was thinking the most reputable would be #1, then the second #2 etc......

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Thanks Chad,

So if my "reputation" is 1,000 it doesn't mean I have the 1,000th best ( or worst) reputations among all the forum members? So the higher the number the more reputable you are? I was thinking the most reputable would be #1, then the second #2 etc......

OK, now ask what the little dots over your avatar stand for:emotion-14:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

OK, now ask what the little dots over your avatar stand for:emotion-14:

"Rank", based on post count. Again, fairly arbitrary. Standard forum stuff though, and it's been here for years as well. ;)

• Like 1