FS: Pair of RB-75 in Cherry - $600

mattSER

On August 9, 2016 at 7:11 PM, mattSER said:

Why the heck do I still have these? :huh:

I have a pair of these in Cherry too, and I told myself years ago I'd never let them go for under $1000. They are awesome. I was using them as rear surrounds to my RF-7s, but now I find myself in an apartment, and they are now my front, primary speakers. They are beautiful. Obviously, I think you offering quite the deal for somebody.

I have mine on a pair of matching Cherry stands.

Sanus Cherry Stands.jpg

• Like 2

I still haven't told my wife I bought these. Good thing is I just sold my RB61II's to cover some of the cost so maybe she'll go easy on me. Couldn't pass on this deal. I've wanted the 75's for quite some time. Gonna use them for two channel but will work perfect for surrounds or heights with my 7's. Another purchase without hearing them first but not worried as all the reviews have been stellar.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Coleman said:

I still haven't told my wife I bought these. Good thing is I just sold my RB61II's to cover some of the cost so maybe she'll go easy on me. Couldn't pass on this deal. I've wanted the 75's for quite some time. Gonna use them for two channel but will work perfect for surrounds or heights with my 7's. Another purchase without hearing them first but not worried as all the reviews have been stellar.

I'll trade your cherry for my black ones. Then we'll both have matches to our RF7II's  Win, Win! :)

and congrats on the purchase..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 75's arrived yesterday. Hooked them up to my Denon 3312 and spent about an hour listening to various music. I couldn't believe how huge the sound was coming from a bookshelf design. They are so smooth and have some really good bass. I am very impressed with the purchase. These are thee best bookshelf speakers I have ever heard. Now I know why they retailed for $1200. Worth every penny imo. :D

• Like 2

I have a pair myself along with KHorns and KP450/Frankensteins. I would not consider these "bookshelve" speakers in the truest sense. These are plain and simple stand mounts that can play with column floor stands. Paired with a sub designed for music, not HT boom, they are really impressive. Within the last half hour I went from KHorns to the 75's, both using KT88 SE and I'm still amazed how well they hold there own. KHorns they are not but damn well shouldn't be. Satisfying they are. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coleman said:

The 75's arrived yesterday. Hooked them up to my Denon 3312 and spent about an hour listening to various music.

Now it is time to get you a good integrated amp and let the 75's really shine.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/165625-mint-onkyo-a-9070-stereo-integrated-amp850-obo/

I couldn't believe how huge the sound was coming from a bookshelf design.

Big sound indeed from "bookshelf" speakers.;)

They are so smooth and have some really good bass. I am very impressed with the purchase.

Effortless is one word that comes to mind when I play mine.

16 hours ago, Coleman said:

These are thee best bookshelf speakers I have ever heard.

I am with you there.

Congrats,

Bill

• Like 1

20 hours ago, richieb said:

I have a pair myself along with KHorns and KP450/Frankensteins. I would not consider these "bookshelve" speakers in the truest sense. These are plain and simple stand mounts that can play with column floor stands. Paired with a sub designed for music, not HT boom, they are really impressive. Within the last half hour I went from KHorns to the 75's, both using KT88 SE and I'm still amazed how well they hold there own. KHorns they are not but damn well shouldn't be. Satisfying they are. 

I have 2 pairs of RB-75s in the HT listed in my sig and think the whole RF-7/RC-7/RB-75 benefit from tight subs--We have the RSW-12 up front with the RSW-15 in the back and the blending I phenomenal....That said, we used to have the RB-75s/RC-7 in the bedroom along with a cheaper sub and it was just TOO MUCH {Read: too lifelike/intense right before going to bed :huh:} One night after watching a movie and I was really ready for bed I thought I turned everything off but inadvertently hit the play button after turning the lights/tv off and the AVR/DVD kicked in with the THX theme at about 6 on the MV--The next morning my wife requested  downgrade. :)

Anyway, congratulations to the OP because these definitely are a great bang for your buck and a must for upper-end Reference folks who can't afford RF-7s as side surrounds....I remember Steve Phillips of Klipsch ran RB--75s/RC-7 up front with a couple of THX subs and he said it was as impressive s the RF-7s up there. Fwiw, I tried the comparison but didn't want to make the trade. B)

• Like 1