Lost my Dad this morning

teknoid

Dad lost his 2 year long battle with pancreatic cancer a little after 11:00 this morning.

This loss certainly comes as no shock or surprise to any of his family. We are very thankful to have had him around as long as we did. When he was diagnosed in June 2014 he was given 4 to 6 months. Being the fighter that he was he stretched that out to more than 25 months.

Thoughts and prayers will be appreciated in the days ahead.

• Like 1

To answer some of the above questions...

His name was Bruce Edward Hoak. Born 5/9/36 and departed 8/5/2016 at 80 years old. A lifelong VERY devout christian. Married 56 years to my Mother who passed away almost 3 years ago on 9/18/2013 from complications brought on by years of of a neuromuscular disorder.

Three of his four children were at his bedside with our hands on him when he passed. He knew we were there for him.

As I said previously his death is no surprise. Fact is we feel a great deal of relief on his behalf. His quality of life for the last few months has been less than stellar.

Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers

"Earth suit", yes.

I've been thinking since I typed, I wanted to add that I believe, your Dad is dancing this evening, with a strong  healed body, and ecstatically joyous to a level we cannot even begin to comprehend.

His "best years", are yet ahead for him.    Lars