Lost my Dad this morning

teknoid

So sorry to hear this.  I lost my dad in Nov of '14 to prostate cancer.  There aren't adequate words.  There are few people in the world who shake us at our core on their departure, but dads are giants in our lives.  Your family is in my prayers.  Grieve well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know you and haven't been around even a week on this forum. However, I saw the thread title and felt compelled to pay my respects. I cannot speak from experience, but when a Father is lost, there is a void left in your soul. I hope God can fill that for you and bring you and your family the love that only he can. God Bless and God speed to you and yours.

Sorry, brother.  I lost my Dad in 2011 and still think about him almost every day.  He taught me a lot.  He was a Navy man, WWII and the Korean conflict, saw action in the Pacific.  Came home, married, became a machinist, and raised 5 children.  Died at age 83 and was still mentally all there even though he was nearly blind and couldn't walk well.  Died in the home he built with his own two hands.  Not too shabby.

I know your loss, and you will get through this and be a stronger person on the other side.

I don't know you, but if you need to talk, hit me up.  I'm praying for you.

code