KP-301 back plate needed

Bob Baumann

Looking for help finding a Klipsch KP-301 back plate that holds speaker connects and fuses (see image)

I bought a pair on craigslist and love them running with a Yamaha M-65. Amp. One of the speakers had the back plate missing and the guy just wired generic speaker terminals on a piece of plywood over the hole. I would like some help if anyone has some parted 301's or know of a good source to find the actual Klipsch back plate. 

Thanks, 

Bob

image.jpg

'jack cup' is what you're looking for. You can get suitable replacements from Parts Express ( although some cutting may be required). 

I have never seen an XLR terminal used for speaker input on Klipsch until now. I'd thiink that was was a user modification, were there not a diagram printed on the cup label with the 'pin outs' for that terminal. You never know what you'll find here on the FOrum! 

I would recommend using a Neutrik NL4 locking type connector. If you take the jack cup off and use a 15/16 flat wood bit you can create the hole to mount it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, colterphoto1 said:

'jack cup' is what you're looking for. You can get suitable replacements from Parts Express ( although some cutting may be required). 

I have never seen an XLR terminal used for speaker input on Klipsch until now. I'd thiink that was was a user modification, were there not a diagram printed on the cup label with the 'pin outs' for that terminal. You never know what you'll find here on the FOrum! 

I would recommend using a Neutrik NL4 locking type connector. If you take the jack cup off and use a 15/16 flat wood bit you can create the hole to mount it. 

My KP-201s have them, too!

Photo Aug 06, 3 18 52 AMsmaller.jpg

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, ArmandCroft said:

I was wondering if these XLR connectors are factory on the KP series or are these add one by the previous owner? My kp301s had them as well. Did they come with speakon connectors from the factory, aside from the binding posts? Thanks

2  Neutrik were standard , but it could be that some earlier versions of the KP-301  were XLR , since the XLR plug does not look to be added on

Photo Aug 06, 3 18 52 AMsmaller.jpg

Klipsch KP-301 image 3

https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-38576-13819825708932.gif

• Thanks 1