Matching stereo amp for Klipsch RB-81 II

Nicker

Hello,

I've got Klipsch RB-81 II powered by Denon PMA-720AE. I'm thinking about an upgrade for my amp, so I'm wondering which brand should I choose and what models around 500 € would you recommend?

My music taste includes a vast amount of genres but most of the time I'm listening to these types of music:

Wardruna

Orchestral

Aussie Hip-Hop

Electrified music - Trap

Do not hesitate to recommend me older amps. We have a strong audiophile base in our country, so I can buy secondhand :)

Nicker,

Welcome to the forum.

First, I have owned three different 80's Denon integrated amps, PMA-1080R, PMA-700v, and PMA-750, and all have performed very well with Klipsch speakers I have used.  Those include RB-5's, RB-35's, Heresys, Hersy II's, Quartets, and forte's.  Very dynamic, detailed, fast and punchy.

Here are a few integrated amps that I think will do a fine job with your RB-81II's and should be near your budget.

NAD C356BEE, Cambridge Audio 651A(or older 640A), Yamaha A-S701, Onkyo A-9050.

If you can find a Luxman R-117, it will best all mentioned in my reply.

Where in Australia do you reside?

Bill

Thank you for the warm welcome and recommendations :)

So all of these amps will perform better than my Denon?

I'm not from Australia, I just enjoy their music :D I'm from Czech Republic (we've recently changed our english name to Czechia I think).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicker said:

So all of these amps will perform better than my Denon?

I am not going tell you that because of my fondness to Denon PMA's.  I have not heard your particular Denon.  I am just going to tell you that the ones I mentioned will perform very well with the 81II's, IMO.

Bill

4 hours ago, Nicker said:

Is there a big difference between NAD C 356BEE and older 355BEE? I can get the older one for a good price.

I think they are virtually the same except that the 356BEE is modular and you can add or exchange out modules(DAC, phono preamp). 

Bill

• Like 1