New to Klipsch. Need HT help.

mole79

Hello all. Im new to klipsch.  But im joining thevteam.   I just found out im getting a new
Klipsch (7.2 RP-280 Reference Premiere Surround Sound Speaker Package with 2 R-115SW) system for my bday. I currently have an older setup of 
Sc-37
BDP-80fd
Xpa-2
Xpa-3
Full polk LSi setup
(LSi-25,LSi7, LSiFX, LSiC)
Polk 505 subs
Ps4/DTv

Was gonna put this setup in another room. Going to get a new AVR and maybe a new emo amp. How do the klipsch like emo amps?

Do you guys have any suggestions. HT/video games is all this setup will see. Non 4k tv. Just get a nice AVR or go average avr and get an emo amp. Dont see alot of info on the HT setups  if you could link me that would be great. 

Thanks

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums.  Many guys have enjoyed Emo with their Klipsch.  I've owned 3 power amps (Parasound, B&K and Sherbourn) and I wasn't able to hear a difference between the three. 

My suggestion....go with a Projector if you can.  I just upgraded my screen from 103" to a 150" and gaming on it is pretty sick.  You can see a video tour of my setup in my signature.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Welcome to the forums.  Many guys have enjoyed Emo with their Klipsch.  I've owned 3 power amps (Parasound, B&K and Sherbourn) and I wasn't able to hear a difference between the three. 

My suggestion....go with a Projector if you can.  I just upgraded my screen from 103" to a 150" and gaming on it is pretty sick.  You can see a video tour of my setup in my signature.

Im waiting for a nice sale on a big 4k tv.  Most likely wont be until xmas or tax time.   I have a nice 65tv until then.

Emo amps have always been good to me.   

My suggestion is to consider the RP-280FA's (Atmos enabled) towers if you're getting the 280's anyway, unless you're in a situation where you can get them in the ceiling.  You're going to want to go Atmos sooner or later and these guys are better than adding modules on.  

2 minutes ago, mole79 said:

Metro, im not sure what Atmos is.  Im new to Klipsch.  Always been a polk guy.

Can you go further into this?   Or a link?  Thanks 

Just google Dolby Atmos in general and read up on it.  It's overhead speakers that have some fun effects.  The idea in general is not specific to any one manufacturer.  Totally not necessary but at the same time, it's the new hotness.  

22 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I just watched a vid on them.  Looks cool.    Looks like i would need a 9:2 ch avr to set those up correct?   Would ch would you power them off of?

Just google Dolby Atmos in general and read up on it.  It's overhead speakers that have some fun effects.  The idea in general is not specific to any one manufacturer.  Totally not necessary but at the same time, it's the new hotness.  

Edit:   i see i need an avr with Atmos feature now.   

If the SC 37 is still running strong, it can power the new system also.  But, since you will have two systems a new Pioneer could do the trick.  I have been using amps with my avr for sometime with the SC 35 and SC 99, I could have did fine without it.  For some Atmos avr's, you will need an external amp or things get expensive if the avr can power a 9.2.X system.  Marantz has one. 

Nothing against the RF 280FA but, if going Atmos some beefier in-ceiling speakers would be a added bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mole79 said:

Metro.  I just watched a video on thr atmos RP-140SA

Yeah don't get those. :)  If that interests you, either 4 ceiling speakers, or RP-280FA's since you're getting RP-280F's anyway.  They're nicer than normal towers with the modules.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

If the SC 37 is still running strong, it can power the new system also. 

Actually, I should have clarified my comment.  If you are not going Atmos, then yes use the SC-37/Emo combo with the Klipsch.

Bill

• Like 1

5 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

If the SC 37 is still running strong, it can power the new system also.  But, since you will have two systems a new Pioneer could do the trick.  I have been using amps with my avr for sometime with the SC 35 and SC 99, I could have did fine without it.  For some Atmos avr's, you will need an external amp or things get expensive if the avr can power a 9.2.X system.  Marantz has one. 

Nothing against the RF 280FA but, if going Atmos some beefier in-ceiling speakers would be a added bonus.

Yes the sc37 is still running great.   

I did not order the kit but i looked at it.  Their is no option for the 280FA speakers.  Only options was the subs.  

The rooms are too far apart to use tbye sc37 for both setups.  I had my old sc-07 but i gave it away.  UGHHHHH   should of kept it.  

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yeah don't get those. :)  If that interests you, either 4 ceiling speakers, or RP-280FA's since you're getting RP-280F's anyway.  They're nicer than normal towers with the modules.  

So those add-ons are no good?     No option for the 280FA.   Dont wanna do ceiling speakers atm.  

4 hours ago, willland said:

Actually, I should have clarified my comment.  If you are not going Atmos, then yes use the SC-37/Emo combo with the Klipsch.

Bill

Not getting the 280fa.  So maybe i should just get another sc37 and a xpa5/7

42 minutes ago, mole79 said:

What amp would be best?

what is your budget? i mean all will sound exactly the same. i personally think unless you have a huge room you dont need an amp for the setup you are getting. BUT if it were me and was dead set on an amp, i would only power the front three in that setup and let whatever avr you have power the surrounds. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mole79 said:

So those add-ons are no good?     No option for the 280FA.   Dont wanna do ceiling speakers atm.  

I have 4 rp-140sa atmos speakers running in my setup and I love them. The rp-280fa speakers have better atmos drivers 6.5" vs the 4" in the 140's. Basically if you could afford the price difference in the rp-280f to the rp-280fa, that would be ideal. If you can't, and you want to do the rp-140sa add ons down the road, that's fine too. With the add ons, it's not as clean of a look, and less powerful. But again, I still love mine, I bought a second pair after a couple of months of my first pair.

11 hours ago, mole79 said:

If you don't want to do the 280FA yet are getting 280F's anyway, there's no reason to look at the modules.  If it's a price thing, keep in mind that the new 280FA's are vinyl instead of veneer and are a little cheaper, there less difference in cost now between the FA's and the F's plus modules.  Otherwise just need to forget about Atmos.