Confused - Sub input vs LFE

brad0112

My KSW-200 is having some issues and I am looking for a replacement.  Locally, several folks are selling KSW-12's at good prices, but I am concerned about the inputs.  I have read the Klipsch FAQ's and the online manuals, but need some help interpreting what I am reading.

Simply, with my KSW200 I have a single RCA sub cable going from my receiver to the sub. Plus is does have Line In L/R, and Line our L/R RCA jacks.  

The KSW-12 does not have that subwoofer input jack.  It has RCA L/R. IS there a reason the KSW-12 doesn't have the Sub RCA input?

So I am confused as to how I would set this up with the single sub cable??  Maybe I am overthinking this?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Just do one. No need for both as this only changes the gain for the LFE signal. You have a knob that can do that. :)

The only reason to use a Y adapter is if the sub is not coming on when in auto power mode. The added signal is sometimes just enough to get that done. Kinda like a 12V trigger that isn't high enough current to switch an amp relay between an AVR and an amp.

• Like 1